+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- US overtake Italy & China for Coronavirus cases

4 months into the pandemic and the US are still having 50-60,000 new cases daily. People were critical of how our government handled things but the US handling has been a shambles. Think I'll be holding off on my planned Vegas holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    4 months into the pandemic and the US are still having 50-60,000 new cases daily. People were critical of how our government handled things but the US handling has been a shambles. Think I'll be holding off on my planned Vegas holiday!
    The difference is that our Govt don't need to be re-elected for over 4 years while Trump needs to do it this year. His hopes are all pinned on a good economy and he will do anything to get re-elected.

Expect this year to get very dirty in USA politics.

Its abit misleading as well as per person I bet we are just as bad as the US as obviously they are 3/4 times bigger than us.

Anyway nevermind Trump we have our own special d*ckhead to worry about who knows what he will say tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post

US has @ 5 times our population:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Circa 70,000 cases on Tuesday. Reading the early posts on this thread, some of the naiveté was astonishing.

I've just read an article which says that approx one in every 371 residents in NYC has died from Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Circa 70,000 cases on Tuesday. Reading the early posts on this thread, some of the naiveté was astonishing.

I've just read an article which says that approx one in every 371 residents in NYC has died from Covid.
    Some news which gives us a bit of hope for once. Now who was it who said we'd have a vaccine before the end of this year?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgdhp

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Some news which gives us a bit of hope for once. Now who was it who said we'd have a vaccine before the end of this year?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgdhp
    I thought it was UTM who did the quizzes! Me?

I don't know why I have to keep stating this but here I go again.

The response to Covid is the responsibility of the State Govenors, they are responsible for the shambles that is the covid response. Trump is responsible for plenty of other shambles but not Covid. If it make it easier to imagine then think about how the Scotish, Welsh and NI governments have responsibility in those states. Trump can only assist when he is asked and on the occasions he has been asked he has been providing help.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Its abit misleading as well as per person I bet we are just as bad as the US as obviously they are 3/4 times bigger than us.

Anyway nevermind Trump we have our own special d*ckhead to worry about who knows what he will say tomorrow.
    We're over our - current - peak though, whereas the US trajectory is almost vertical in many states. One latest prediction for their deaths has been revised up to about 220k, but many think that's optimistic. Mind you now the Covid stats have to go directly to the government rather than via the CDC, no doubt we'll see a rapid 'improvement' in the situation.

I've long since given up listening to what Boris says. He probably thought being PM would be all delegation, adoration and posh dinners. Having to make wise, fast decisions in an ever changing scenario isn't really what he signed up for is it....

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I've long since given up listening to what Boris says. He probably thought being PM would be all delegation, adoration and posh dinners. Having to make wise, fast decisions in an ever changing scenario isn't really what he signed up for is it....
    He's simply a month-piece for his wealthy-backers, disaster capitalists and complicit in funnelling tax-payer money without tender to companies owned by mates of Cummings.

History will not be kind.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast