+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone say if

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    So the short answer is you're wealthier than in 1979.
    I have more money but can I afford more of what are considered luxuries now than I could back then? Not really. I usd to go out with my £22, few pints before the match, pub after then have a good night with mates and a kebab on the way home (walking home up the Hilltown of course). £22 doesn't even get you into the match these days and that kind of day / night out is probably ten times the cost now. In truth I can't really afford £200 for a day / night out right now.

So no, I'm not really wealthier.

State pensioners having savings being means tested whilst millionaires get ‘free’ bus travel and ‘free’ university places for their kids.

The nationalists will tell you that’s progressive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I have more money but can I afford more of what are considered luxuries now than I could back then? Not really. I usd to go out with my £22, few pints before the match, pub after then have a good night with mates and a kebab on the way home (walking home up the Hilltown of course). £22 doesn't even get you into the match these days and that kind of day / night out is probably ten times the cost now. In truth I can't really afford £200 for a day / night out right now.

You’ll have a mobile phone and satellite tv though and possibly a car…or 2. Perhaps a music subscription as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Holidays?, Car? House?

Cmon now, you can go to match and have a pints and a kebab for around £50.

Surely how you have obtained the wealth is the main issue here?
    1989 was 34 years ago deranged as like most wud accumulate wealth throughout that period.
    Also say he has 20 plus years service in employment he will be earning far more than in 89.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Surely how you have obtained the wealth is the main .ssue here?
    1989 was 34 years ago deranged as like most wud accumulate wealth throughout that period.
    Also say he has 20 plus years service in employment he will be earning far more than in 89.
    He will be wealthier by all measurable means I wuda thought taking into account all cost of living increases.

Everything goes up and everything's going up substantially because of stupid lockdown.

Surely how you have obtained the wealth is the main issue here?
    Says he’s not wealthier.

Do you have any comment on the list I asked you about or JDFC telling you we already pay higher tax in Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    He will be wealthier by all measurable means I wuda thought taking into account all cost of living increases.

Everything goes up and everything's going up substantially because of stupid lockdown.
    Yes but individual circumstances contribute massively,ie frugal with savings,progressing thru work.
    I wud imagine there are plenty worse off now than in 89 seeing as food banks are the norm for many.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Says he’s not wealthier.

Do you have any comment on the list I asked you about or JDFC telling you we already pay higher tax in Scotland?
    No really,I wasn't debating who had control,my point was the distribution of the money the country has.
    Like where our higher taxes go.
    Bit like giving one manager more dog than another manager,it what he does with it.

Yes but individual circumstances contribute massively,ie frugal with savings,progressing thru work.
    I wud imagine there are plenty worse off now than in 89 seeing as food banks are the norm for many.
    I'd say individual decisions play a part.

It's not difficult to be referred to a food bank, I've been offered a referral twice 🙄

There are poor people the vast majority far wealthier than they were 40 years ago

For every food bank there's more tanning salons and nail bars.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)