+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Sorry rA but I was in Birmingham during the pub bombings, and please be assured that the Irish were demonized and attacked for a long time thereafter.
    Accepted…and of course in those circumstances that is always going to be local outrage, but generally I think it’s fair to say that our relationship with the Irish has not been totally tarnished by such events as Birmingham, Warrington, the Arndale in Manchester and numerous such atrocities in London.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Repeated trotting out of Jo Cox’? I don’t think her murder has been repeatedly referred to has it? Certainly not by me. My point is that right wing extremists are just as culpable and I really don’t understand how that strengthens Tricky’s point.
    Are there too many Muslim perpetrators of terrorism? Yes.
    Were there too many Irish perpetrators of terrorism between the sixties and the nineties? Yes.
    Did we and do we all continue to demonise the Irish as a result? No.
    Yes it has. And yes, by you

The point TTR has made, supported by GOV.UK’s own report, is that by far the biggest threat to UK (thats YOUR) security is from Islamic terrorists. Your point that ‘right wing extremists are just as culpable’ is flawed because, whilst each incident of any type is equally unacceptable, you ignore the volume/frequency of such incidents - thankfully HMG don’t.

I’m unsure whether you just don’t ‘get’ the impact of volume, happy to offer an analogy if you wish. I can’t help but think you’ve become a victim of Swalewashing though

That’s a poor response, AF, you know me better than that.

I’m sure I have referred to Jo Cox at some point in the last eight years but certainly neither repeatedly or on this thread.
    As for ‘Swalewashing’…as you know Swale and I have been having a war of words over the last six months regarding football.
    We do happen to be more conciliatory where politics are concerned, but I have held my political views for a great deal longer than I’ve been part of this forum, my opposition to right wing extremism and racism goes back decades and has nothing whatsoever to do with what Swale thinks.

I do recognise the threat from ‘Islamic terrorists’…I am simply pointing out that there are/were other factors/sources…you don’t resolve such problems by demonising a whole group of society as a result of the actions of a small militant and extremist minority…and that Muslims from Gaza to London’s Brick Lane are likely to know the meaning of terror as well as anyone.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-02-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Why won't Egypt and other Arab countries accept Palestinian refugees from Gaza? Those countries refusal to accept them is... anti WHAT?? Whatever anti that is, is what other countries would be guilty of if they refused to take them in.

Problem is I've not seen a single word accusing Egypt et al of anti anything towards the Palestinians...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Why won't Egypt and other Arab countries accept Palestinian refugees from Gaza? Those countries refusal to accept them is... anti WHAT?? Whatever anti that is, is what other countries would be guilty of if they refused to take them in.

Problem is I've not seen a single word accusing Egypt et al of anti anything towards the Palestinians...
    It isn't just Egypt.
    The problem is that Gaza is a hot bed of radical Islamic folks. You only have to look at what they did to Lebanon to see what will happen if you let them in.

The problem with the UK, is that we have no filter system in place, for what comes over here in boats or legally.
    Add into that what brain washing occurs in the Mosques and that radical thinking spreads among the Islam community
    Yes , I fear that!!

The proof is already evident.
    If as I said yesterday, that 40 000 males of our UK muslims are under close watch. That's a hell of a lot of potential muderers among us.
    RA quotes the far right threat. OK it does happen, but it usually is a lone loon, who isn't radicalised by a religion and encouraged by his/her local church.

If you want to see how far this could go, then look at Sweden. We have enough enclaves now of exclusive minorities, that have shunned British life and set up their own little bubbles.
    Leicester exploded.
    In August and September 2022, Leicester, England, saw a period of religious and ethnic tension between predominately British Hindus and British Muslims of South Asian origin. The unrest saw rioting, protest marches, sloganeering and ethnic violence between the two populations.
    All triggered by a cricket match, but their respective bubble communities clashed with their prejudices.
    Folks seem to think, its the white native population here, that are the exclusive owners of racial fear.
    Wrong, this is a product of multiculturalism, that is/ has been badly managed.

The recent foray into attacking politicians, is the latest attempt for dominance and control.

That’s a poor response, AF, you know me better than that.

1. I’m sure I have referred to Jo Cox at some point in the last eight years

2. I do recognise the threat from ‘Islamic terrorists’…I am simply pointing out that there are/were other factors/sources…

3. you don’t resolve such problems by demonising a whole group of society as a result of the actions of a small militant and extremist minority…
    1. Yes you have, its been a repeated comeback or I wouldn't comment on it

2. Yes I agree but even the trusted (non-partisan part of) HMG identify it as by far the major threat. Just a fact, not my opinion, your failure to acknowlege that despite a number of prompts makes you come over more as a politician than a (profession deleted)

3. Nor would demonise, my issue however is as much with the apologists as the demons. You (unwisely, not knowing forum members' backgrounds) mentioned the IRA, I remember very few apologists for their actions and the equivalent loyalists)beyond their own communities at the time

No one's demonising a whole whole group of society. The radicals may only be 10 % of the Islamic population.
    However, those 10 % are a danger by themselves and they also carry influence within their communities and Mosques.
    1. polls have shown that 60%. would not report a fellow Muslim to the police, they think is involved in terrorism
    2. They believe the Jews run the police
    3. ****age criminal gangs in south London are calling themselves the Muslim Boys and claiming to espouse Islam in an attempt to gain street credibility and trade on false perceptions about links to terrorists.

It's a problem that has been side stepped and the topic avoided at all costs, in case folks get upset.
    Yet here we are. MP's now signing off £34 million for private protection.
    Will there be protection issued to schools/ colleges next?

Maybe just up hold the law and grow a spine may help.

It can be done, But human nature means boundaries will be pushed otherwise.
    This country would take 12 YEARS TO GET THIS FAR, with all the cry babies and money making lawyers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68378736

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    1. Yes you have, its been a repeated comeback or I wouldn't comment on it

2. Yes I agree but even the trusted (non-partisan part of) HMG identify it as by far the major threat. Just a fact, not my opinion, your failure to acknowlege that despite a number of prompts makes you come over more as a politician than a (profession deleted)

3. Nor would demonise, my issue however is as much with the apologists as the demons. You (unwisely, not knowing forum members' backgrounds) mentioned the IRA, I remember very few apologists for their actions and the equivalent loyalists)beyond their own communities at the time
    1. If it’s been a ‘repeated comeback’ there’ll be evidence. I don’t see any.

2. I’m no politician.

3. I’m sincerely sorry if my mention of the IRA has upset anyone but honestly…we can’t acknowledge sensibilities we know nothing of and I haven’t actually said anything contentious. I suppose my point is that people generally have been far more forgiving of the Irish than they are of Muslims…possibly because there are Irish sports stars, boy bands, comedians etc and few Muslim equivalents.

1. If it’s been a ‘repeated comeback’ there’ll be evidence. I don’t see any.

2. I’m no politician.

3. I’m sincerely sorry if my mention of the IRA has upset anyone but honestly…we can’t acknowledge sensibilities we know nothing of and I haven’t actually said anything contentious. I suppose my point is that people generally have been far more forgiving of the Irish than they are of Muslims…possibly because there are Irish sports stars, boy bands, comedians etc and few Muslim equivalents.
    How do you know I'm not Moslem rA?

I'll give you that there are few Moslem boy bands but I think that fact's a winner for team Moslem over team Ireland. No Moslem sports stars? How about in the England cricket team - Ali & Rashid vs Morgan. Comics? There are some around but maybe give that one to the Irish for Dave Allen alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    How do you know I'm not Moslem rA?

I'll give you that there are few Moslem boy bands but I think that fact's a winner for team Moslem over team Ireland. No Moslem sports stars? How about in the England cricket team - Ali & Rashid vs Morgan. Comics? There are some around but maybe give that one to the Irish for Dave Allen alone.
    I nearly asked Andy the same question.
    Because there are very few, if any, Muslims called Roger.

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)