+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 165 of 560 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    So out of the 10 FACTS that i highlighted you picked up 2 to argue with. Fair enough. With regards to the two you did pick up on. I don't need to provide evidence because I'm not trying to present madey uppy ****e as facts. that's your thing. All i was doing was trying to point out (as with half the other posters on here) was that what your ranting and raving about and calling facts are just your opinions.

I never said we cant exist without training facilities. If you read the quote from the club though they say that redeveloping pittodrie does not provide scope for REQUIRED adjacent training facilities. Since it is part of the project to provide a new stadium with these facilities then you simply writing not required is again your opinion. The clubs opinion is that it is an integral part of what they want to build.

As for the busses come on if your going to just make pish up you have to expect folk to pull you up on it?

A third of folk will have to pay more to sit on a half hour bus journey. That one sentence has got mare holes in it than a tramps cardie. You have nae idea where they folk on any given week will travel from to get to a stadium that's not even started on busses that you don't know who will be running. If your that good good at seeing into the future you should change your log in to mystic meg.

And no your posts aren't that hard to get your head round. I'm just glad they're online because crayon can be a bugger to read sometimes.
    All of the points were as bad.

Loirston is 3 times the size of Pittodrie OPINION. FFS it's 15 hectares which is over the 12.5 they've decided themselves is needed for stadium and parking.

Fact is the club a.k.a. Stewart Milne has never shown how he comes to the gradually decreasing capacity, and no effort has been made to stay at Pittodrie because it's not what he wants. The £5m and 15 years spunked on his projects could have been used to great effect, and it's never too late to start. Never even tried to replace the south stand for example and everyone's saying it isn't possible doesn't make sense. How could you know what objections and issues the council would have with it without trying to do it? What crazy design and different heights and depths did they use to maximise the capacity, like they do in all stadiums landlocked by roads and houses. None is the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    All of the points were as bad.

Loirston is 3 times the size of Pittodrie OPINION. FFS it's 15 hectares which is over the 12.5 they've decided themselves is needed for stadium and parking.

Fact is the club a.k.a. Stewart Milne has never shown how he comes to the gradually decreasing capacity, and no effort has been made to stay at Pittodrie because it's not what he wants. The £5m and 15 years spunked on his projects could have been used to great effect, and it's never too late to start. Never even tried to replace the south stand for example and everyone's saying it isn't possible doesn't make sense. How could you know what objections and issues the council would have with it without trying to do it? What crazy design and different heights and depths did they use to maximise the capacity, like they do in all stadiums landlocked by roads and houses. None is the right answer.
    Why do you think Loiriston is a better location than Kingsford?

Quote Originally Posted by gooby View Post
    Why do you think Loiriston is a better location than Kingsford?
    Links to the city centre and future improvement prospects over the next 50 years are much better. More people could walk. Potential station. Kingsford is 40+ hired buses from union street for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Apart from the fact your 1/3 figure is plucked from thin air, it basically DOES mean that the rest will be cheaper, because they will all be nearer to Kingsford than Pittodrie.

One bar/cafe. Currently there are 4 bars in Westhill, make that 5 when the supporters bar opens, and I imagine Westhill golf club could feasibly be a sixth, as could the Red Star; and there's at least two cafes there too.
    ...I also think it is extremely unlikely that there wont be other pop-up structures in and around the fanzone and the away supporters area (as per other sporting events) but no-one will know what these will be until the bearded barista / posh burger / german hotdog guy etc see an actual space with punters they can go get a permit and setup at. And unless there is some nanny-state silliness this will include pop-up bars too...

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...I also think it is extremely unlikely that there wont be other pop-up structures in and around the fanzone and the away supporters area (as per other sporting events) but no-one will know what these will be until the bearded barista / posh burger / german hotdog guy etc see an actual space with punters they can go get a permit and setup at. And unless there is some nanny-state silliness this will include pop-up bars too...
    Mini fitba pitches for kids to have a kick about while their mas n das have beers. Very popular thing in the fanzone at Valerenga. 3 aside games .Went down a storm. I would love the job of designing the fanzone in fact. If anyone's looking in I'm available

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Links to the city centre and future improvement prospects over the next 50 years are much better. More people could walk. Potential station. Kingsford is 40+ hired buses from union street for eternity.
    The other day you cited Kingsford as a terrible idea because all our fans were basically lazy bast**ds who wouldn't travel all that way to the depths of darkest Westhill. Now those same fans are all going to walk to Loiriston. If your going to talk pish at least be consistent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    dont bite min.
    Hes never been in pittodrie since 1994 if he thinks its in good enough shape
    You have to acknowledge his resilience, but you make a good point, don't bite.
    If we leave the Troll alone, he will have nothing to respond to
    The sooner October comes to pass and the council approve the application the better.
    If they reject, I fear for the consequences

#AllForAurora

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Mini fitba pitches for kids to have a kick about while their mas n das have beers. Very popular thing in the fanzone at Valerenga. 3 aside games .Went down a storm. I would love the job of designing the fanzone in fact. If anyone's looking in I'm available
    ...slightly off topic, but I've been to a few Vålerenga games (first to the old bislett stadium and then at the national stadium at Ullevaal). I think it's quite funny that it was 'built' by Lyn but they had financial arguments with NFF and Vålerenga moved in. Can't imagine that happening here! Rangers moving into Celtic park!

Although they are off to a new stadium I think?

But your main point is cogent - there is a possibility of doing lots of stuff with the space around the new stadium that isn't possible at other grounds in Scotland and that includes the (ok, no doubt pricey) pop up food places - harking back to Murrayfield again - they have bands playing outside prior to the games!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You have to acknowledge his resilience, but you make a good point, don't bite.
    If we leave the Troll alone, he will have nothing to respond to
    The sooner October comes to pass and the council approve the application the better.

#AllForAurora
    Im willing to put money on it being rejected

#allforoldmeldrumasabackup

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don't. Our dynamic forward thinking board will have a contingency plan. No way they would put all their eggs in the one basket

Page 165 of 560 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast