+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 165 of 232 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2318

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

Or they want to get one of our biggest earners off the wage bill and replace with someone who earns half as much? The club are ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't with some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Or they want to get one of our biggest earners off the wage bill and replace with someone who earns half as much?
    Or this is the clubs way of getting rid of the bad egg in the dressing room from earlier in the season.

Or they want to get one of our biggest earners off the wage bill and replace with someone who earns half as much? The club are ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't with some fans.
    So we do that at the first opportunity and lose a potential fee as well as cut the wage bill.? Why can't we get both. He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract ffs, surely he could command a fee.

I'm not slating the club either, just a bit bewildered that another asset could (could) leave for nothing and I didn't think the club could afford to do that. My opinion that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    So we do that at the first opportunity and lose a potential fee as well as cut the wage bill.? Why can't we get both. He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract ffs, surely he could command a fee.

I'm not slating the club either, just a bit bewildered that another asset could (could) leave for nothing and I didn't think the club could afford to do that. My opinion that's all...
    Is anyone going to pay a fee for him though? We were off our heads paying £100K for him when a good majority of us feared he was having nothing more than a purple patch at Motherwell. That's proven to be correct. A lot of teams will look at him with the same view now imo. Sometime you've just got to cut your losses and move on. That said, I'll be raging if we do a Clark and don't replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Is anyone going to pay a fee for him though? We were off our heads paying £100K for him when a good majority of us feared he was having nothing more than a purple patch at Motherwell. That's proven to be correct. A lot of teams will look at him with the same view now imo. Sometime you've just got to cut your losses and move on. That said, I'll be raging if we do a Clark and don't replace him.
    Exactly where I'm coming from.

Peter Pawlett back in full training.

(Wasn't sure whether to put this in the transfer thread or the ex-player thread).

(Wasn't sure whether to put this in the transfer thread or the ex-player thread).
    Be like a new signing. 🤪

It's only Thursday night, the game isn't until Sunday, plenty of time for him to trip over or drop something on his foot.

Should go out on loan then. See if he can stay fit until May.

That’s the problem we spent £100k on a player who had 6 months on his contract, gave him a massive wage when he had only had a good 6 months in about 6 years!

That’s why the club is getting slated by me!

Just like Lewis Neilson it was a ridiculous mistake!

Page 165 of 232 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)