+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 167 of 625 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    They took in 4 from league 1 and 1 from SPL - It's hardly a takeover of the non-league with superstars - oh and they are 4th. The squad has players they took from other non-league sides. Fact stands, he scores wherever he goes. You don't sell that for 250k when you have nobody else in and you can't get someone in on similar money.

Oh and we always want loyalty from our players, yet he got benched, tactics changed that phased him out - this is one of the best strikers we've had in the last 20 years being put out to pasture by a Manager who decided he thought he knew better. How do you think other players react to seeing that treatment of a man who could have been a club legend?

Who would you have had as our number 1? Only Anderson deserves to even get close in our current compliment.
    Can't really argue with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Part of why he wanted to go is because his manager dropped him and changed the system! He said that was part of his decision as he didn't want another year as a bit part player and seeing the route Derek wants to play.

Stockley was League 2 actually but don't let facts get in the way. Plus some players do it in places and don't in others. You are speaking like the SPL is the Serie A - we are playing a 20k Carlisle reserve as our main striker at times.

Too young Anderson? Give me a break, he's 20 in 4 days, he's nae a bairn. Mbappe is 3 months younger as an example....old enough good enough.
    How on earth is comparing the second youngest player to score in a world cup final in any way a justification for heaping pressure on a young loon just out of the reserves ?
    I think you loons have been putting too much emphasis on your play stations. Me I've had the dubious pleasure of watching Rooney blowing out of his arse. Never winning a header and incapable of holding up play for the last 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Can't really argue with any of that.
    The tactics changed because the personnel changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Anderson is too young.
    Anderson if given a run in the team will score more goals than Wilson, Cosgrove and May combined. The lad has something about him but our esteemed manager doesn’t want to play goal scorers unless throwing them in the deep end chasing a draw.
    Cosgrove will start against Motherwell (hasn’t scored a serious goal for the Dons) but Anderson will be fortunate if he gets 10-15mins....please explain that one?

How on earth is comparing the second youngest player to score in a world cup final in any way a justification for heaping pressure on a young loon just out of the reserves ?
    I think you loons have been putting too much emphasis on your play stations. Me I've had the dubious pleasure of watching Rooney blowing out of his arse. Never winning a header and incapable of holding up play for the last 2 years
    SO at 28 Rooney was an unfit shambles? What utter rhubarb to speak.

I knew you'd take that comparison like that....you said he's too young - he isn't.

Now you change it to "loon out of reserves" which is totally different - that's inexperience at this level. However the only way he will get experience is to play, and when a young player hits the ground running like he did v Rangers, the sensible move is to keep him playing and try and strike while the iron is hot.

Instead he came off the bench again v Dundee (hitting the bar) and is getting less time by the week and that'll be even less when Wilson returns.

Before you know it he's 22/23 and not getting games so he will disappear down south and we will moan about another player leaving us for England and saying he should've been "loyal".

PS - I'm an Xbox fella

The 4-2-3-1 system that we play this season now ignores the 3 in front of the 2 sitting midfielders .... we just punt the ball vigorously into the opposition half to try and balance the statistical analysis.

Me I've had the dubious pleasure of watching Rooney blowing out of his arse. Never winning a header and incapable of holding up play for the last 2 years
    And he still managed to score more than McInnes's chosen ones.

Rooney said in a radio interview that his last 6 months at the club he was bit-part and the manager had a different idea what he wanted from his strikers to what he had previously. The only personnel at that point that had changed with a dramatic effect was Hayes and Jack - We still had McLean, Christie etc at that point.

Maybe he had lost a step, but he could find the net. I'd rather that than the leaning tower of Pisa just spinning about doing nothing 30 yards from goal.

You missed the bit about him scoring 31 goals in those same two seasons. Accidental oversight I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    You missed the bit about him scoring 31 goals in those same two seasons. Accidental oversight I am sure
    Nothing accidental about the oversight. A few posters are adopting the Derek McInnes philosophy of scoring as little goals as possible. I am sure they think it is a new form of entertainment.

Page 167 of 625 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast