+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

I have no problem if people think my opinion is wrong, we all have an opinion and for some reason there are people on this discussion board that think it isn't to be used for having a discussion !!!
    However I will not be lectured by Gru or anyone else on attending matches, I have had 3 season tickets for my family for over 20 years, this is the first time i don't have one, this is because I do not live in the UK and unfortunately getting to games is a little hard. However I watch every match on iFollow that i can. I also spent over £750 to get back for the papajohns final and missed two days of work (lost money not holiday) for a tournament tht the great and wise Gru describes as Mickey Mouse. In my life I have travelled from wherever I have lived in the UK to watch Rotherham every chance I get, both my parents had season tickets for most of their lives and my grandfather as well. I have seen more minutes of live Rotherham matches than you have seen your bets fail, and I hear that is a very, very large amount.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    I would say Wood has been one of the best players so far this season in the games I've seen. Didn't see Morecambe but he didn't play.

I agree with the sentiment of bringing our own players through, but sadly we are not able to get the very best youngsters to join the academy, so only a small proportion will make it.

The point about giving other clubs players a chance works both ways. Gainsborough are currently helping to develop 2 of our players.
    Wood's legs maybe going but he's inspirational to the younger ones, his positioning skills are good and he organises well. Plus he weighs in with the odd important goal.

Younger players like Hull would benefit from studying him.

Derby the first thing I would say to you is that you should not feel the need to justify your support record to the likes of Gru although I can understand why you have done so due to the provocation that he creates
    I myself find your posts interesting I know you have criticised Warne in the past and even though I don’t always agree with what you say know you are an important contributor along with others
    I personally think Gru would class me as a happy clapper and admit to loving Warney to bits both as a person and manager but do not agree with everything he does/says by a long chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I have no problem if people think my opinion is wrong, we all have an opinion and for some reason there are people on this discussion board that think it isn't to be used for having a discussion !!!
    However I will not be lectured by Gru or anyone else on attending matches, I have had 3 season tickets for my family for over 20 years, this is the first time i don't have one, this is because I do not live in the UK and unfortunately getting to games is a little hard. However I watch every match on iFollow that i can. I also spent over £750 to get back for the papajohns final and missed two days of work (lost money not holiday) for a tournament tht the great and wise Gru describes as Mickey Mouse. In my life I have travelled from wherever I have lived in the UK to watch Rotherham every chance I get, both my parents had season tickets for most of their lives and my grandfather as well. I have seen more minutes of live Rotherham matches than you have seen your bets fail, and I hear that is a very, very large amount.

Post what you want but you said I think loan Kelly out. I was there tues from players who started Pelts McCart Kelly only 3 who I thought looked anything like. Kelly impressed me but I doubt he'll start today so tues really didn't matter.

Millers allow 22 year old forward Joshua Kayode to join MK Dons, season-long-loan.

Could the Millers now go in for Cole Stockton from Morcambe.

Fleetwood Town had 2 offers turned down £100,000 & £150,000 for Stockton,
    Shrewsbury Town said to have offered £200,000 for Stockton today.

Let's be honest and fair here. There's something about Kayode that says there's a footballer in there but, and I know I'll get shot down for this, he's not a Championship player.....not yet anyway.

It will be good for him to go out on a season long loan to get more playing time and help push him on. Surely he's 5th choice now with Chio, Kelly, Washington and Eaves all vying for a front two spot. Plus it frees up funds to hopefully put towards a more capable player for this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Millers allow 22 year old forward Joshua Kayode to join MK Dons, season-long-loan.

Could the Millers now go in for Cole Stockton from Morcambe.

Fleetwood Town had 2 offers turned down £100,000 & £150,000 for Stockton,
    Shrewsbury Town said to have offered £200,000 for Stockton today.
    ELK, maybe that's been the reason all along that TS has said one has to go before another striker comes in, makes sense. Will it be Stockton though? Warney has always said he's never made contact with him or his agent which has been the truth all along, maybe he will now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, maybe that's been the reason all along that TS has said one has to go before another striker comes in, makes sense. Will it be Stockton though? Warney has always said he's never made contact with him or his agent which has been the truth all along, maybe he will now?
    I've a feeling that if we do bring another forward in it'll be another youngster on loan from a Premiership side. Folks will argue why send out our own on loan to bring in and develop someone else's player but as we already see with BNC there is some pretty good young talent waiting in the Premiership wings that can 'hit the ground running' in the Championship.

PW might have liked the relationship JJ built with Will Grigg and what he learned from him whilst here and hope he can continue that at MK.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I've a feeling that if we do bring another forward in it'll be another youngster on loan from a Premiership side. Folks will argue why send out our own on loan to bring in and develop someone else's player but as we already see with BNC there is some pretty good young talent waiting in the Premiership wings that can 'hit the ground running' in the Championship.

PW might have liked the relationship JJ built with Will Grigg and what he learned from him whilst here and hope he can continue that at MK.
    Surely Arsenal have got a young and progressive striker who would like to come to a team which is being well managed.

Agree CAM. Arsenal seem to like us and probably have some decent young strikers.

Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 LastLast