+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I'm still waiting for my endless list, oh wise one.
    I'm guessing Swale may need to roll up his trouser leg before answering you, Ram59

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ram, I’ll try and answer this point sensibly and non divisively.
    I’m not actually a fan of ‘positive discrimination’, but do recognise that minorities - physical, intellectual, gender based or racial - do need support which sometimes only emerges through pressure groups.
    Returning to the support groups you search for from Swale...they may not always be official...but next time you’re out and about take a look around you. Whether you’re at Pride Park - particularly the South Stand, or your local pub, or your Church (Catholic or CoE), your Working Men’s Club, the local rugby club, the local cricket club and - possibly Normanton aside - local housing estates and you’ll find yourself surrounded by...people like you. Your group is the majority, the group you and I fit into with ease.
    That’s not a criticism it’s just how it is and until you’re on the outside of that majority you’ll struggle to understand how being part of a minority feels.
    Being white, middle aged, whatever class etc doesn’t need a pressure group. You are already part of that majority, dominant group. If you’ve got specific concerns about health issues, money worries, marital breakdown, bereavement etc the support network is there, hopefully for all colours, creeds and classes.
    It’s the fitting in, the acceptance, the lack of head turning or cruel comment when minorities walk into an overwhelmingly white able bodied environment that still needs to change.
    I generally agree with you RA, except for couple of points.

White working classes aren't the majority, a majority is over 50%.
    Males roughly make up 50% of the adult population, the women have their own rights groups.
    Out of that 50%, BAME make up a few % and have their own pressure groups.
    Out of the remaining, LBGT make up another few % and have their own pressure groups.
    Then there are the Jews and other specific pressure groups that act for their people.
    So your 'majority' is probably about a third.

Whilst I agree that we can all approach our MP or such like for help. The two thirds majority have pressure groups acting for them 24/7 without any need for the person to get involved.

I accept that for most of our lives we are fortunate enough not to need to have anyone fighting our corner, but on the odd occasion we do, there is no one there. This is one of those times, males have just as high mortality rate with covid as BAME, but there's no one calling for an investigation.

GP is also right, I'm having a bit of fun at Swale's expense. Considering he seems to be quite intelligent at times, he also makes stupid unnecessary comments. I didn't force him to say that there's an endless list, but if he says that, then let him justify it. Last week in a riposte to tricky, he said that he could GUARANTEE that somebody tricky was attacking would have an IQ 3 times greater than tricky's. That would be like comparing someone with severe learning difficulties with Albert Einstein.I'll tell you what, I don't know Tricky, but I'm prepared to pay for him to sit a mensa test and will bet anyone a £1,000 paid to charity that his IQ is more than a third of Albert Einstein.

You always claim not act as Swale's bag man, but your putting up a pretty good show atm.

Jack Leach without a Ben Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Jack Leach without a Ben Stokes
    or maybe Muttley without Dick Dastardly: cue wheezy smoker's snicker

...and there you have the problem with this forum at the moment.

I provide what I believe to be a respectful and honest reply to Ram59’s point and immediately become the butt of GP’s currently slightly warped sense of humour and pedantry.

Then, because I see some sense in Swale’s statement and post in agreement, I’m accused, yet again, of being Swales’ ‘bag man’.

Tbh, although he’d never admit it, Swale is the one being bullied and ‘tag teamed’ at the moment, and can we not all see past taking sides for once?

It’s honestly become like a bloody school yard on here. Agree with Swale, and you suddenly become his ‘bag man’ of ‘rear gunner’ or some such bollux. Show any sympathy towards ethnic or other minorities and you’re suddenly a raving leftie and God help you if it’s ever discovered you were once a teacher, read a newspaper that isn’t a comic or don’t live in the inner city.

You need to have a look at what is currently going on, Andy...there’s only one ‘group’ personalising things at the moment...check it out. If people want to talk about the issue...fine. If people want to gang up on Swale or mista...or just poke fun and make lame attempts at ridicule I, for one, have got infinitely better things to do.

No need to pay Ram!

There are many measures of IQ around, most of which work off a "normal" person ranking around 100

The distribution of results suggests that 0.13% of the population have an IQ of below 55, and equally 0.13% are above 145

Einstein reportedly had an IQ around 165. Thus Tricky would need an IQ of 55 to qualify. That is roughly the IQ of a piece of fossilised dung on this scale.

Mathematics would thus suggest you pt your credit card away

I provide what I believe to be a respectful and honest reply to Ram59’s point and immediately become the butt of GP’s currently slightly warped sense of humour and pedantry.

Then, because I see some sense in Swale’s statement and post in agreement, I’m accused, yet again, of being Swales’ ‘bag man’.

Tbh, although he’d never admit it, Swale is the one being bullied and ‘tag teamed’ at the moment, and can we not all see past taking sides for once?

It’s honestly become like a bloody school yard on here. Agree with Swale, and you suddenly become his ‘bag man’ of ‘rear gunner’ or some such bollux. Show any sympathy towards ethnic or other minorities and you’re suddenly a raving leftie and God help you if it’s ever discovered you were once a teacher, read a newspaper that isn’t a comic or don’t live in the inner city.

You need to have a look at what is currently going on, Andy...there’s only one ‘group’ personalising things at the moment...check it out. If people want to talk about the issue...fine. If people want to gang up on Swale or mista...or just poke fun and make lame attempts at ridicule I, for one, have got infinitely better things to do.
    Swale a victim of bullying? A bit like suggesting those Kray boys were hard done by!

RA, I'm up for reasoned arguments and I would like to think I'm centre right in my views and not so far right wing that I'm on the terraces, like tricky. You know there's been a number of times that I've questioned the tory approach and I've said more than once that my favoured government would be a tory minority, with a Liberal coalition.

So I take offence when, unprovoked, mista lumped me with him in his criticism recently and I genuinely thought that he was wrong to create a thread to attack another poster. I don't share mista's politics, but do respect his insite regarding football. I remember that it was mista who told us about Bogle, long before any of us had heard about him.

Likewise Swale can come up with interesting arguments, but I take offence when someone insults me or says ridiculous things to me, without any foundation. When he is so condescending to others, I have admitted to poking a little bit of fun back

Ps, a list of 1,will do Swale. Lol

Spot on RA don't worry about me though I know who the one who causes all the trouble on here and it's neither me not Tricky

Ramanag, sorry (I mean it) I shouldn’t have injected levity into things. Edit, I think I started the rear gunner thing too, sorry again. I can take ten times the piss taking of anyone else I know and should sometimes sit in the other fellahs chair. Maybe we all should. I’m even going to refrain from the witty coda I just thought of to demonstrate my sincerity
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 28-04-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)