+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Cresswell Dilemma ?

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Thanks Mrs O, will do, I ain't going anywhere!!

Hey hope! Unfortunately 2024 has been the worst for me

Started with a chest infection, then my grandma passing away, then being 90% sure I'm losing my job at the end of this month, and 2 of my pc monitors breaking, then on the day of receiving my new ones, one breaks straight away, so waiting for a replacement to be delivered.

That's all in the first month of 2024 and we ain't even at the end of the month yet
    Sorry to hear that Clive hope the years starts to improve for you

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Geez it's just taken me an hour to read through this entire thread lol!

My take on it for what it's worth is this

Charlie has captained our u18 and u23/21 side

He's played in various England youth level matches

He had a colourful loan spell with Millwall which overall for his first senior loan in football would be seen as a relative success

He's had a handful of appearances for the Leeds first team, spread over the last few seasons

He's still only 21 years old, he's on a long contract at Leeds, he has the club captain in cooper, the team captain in Struijk, and farkes own signing in Rodon ahead of him, all 3 are pretty experienced and you'd like to think there's enough experience in that trio for Charlie to learn from and improve his game and his focus

As a player, I don't think anyone is questioning his ability, and I'll point out his ATTITUDE hasn't been questioned by Farke, his FOCUS however has been, with Farke saying he wants Charlie to be patient for a chance in the starting 11, and to be excited about the prospect of this eventually happening.

Charlie from what we can gather asked for the 5 shirt this was before Rodon turned up, he was given it, and it looked as if things were looking promising at the start of the season, then Leeds sign Rodon, a direct competitor for the RCB position.

So here's my thinking, once a player hits 20, they're no longer a kid, they have started their adult life, and so want to do adult things, like in this case, play for the adult team, with Charlie being part of a football family, and having been brought through the Leeds academy, he might have thought he'd have a better chance of at least establishing himself as primary CB on the bench, that way knowing he's just one bad performance, one red card, or one injury away from being given a chance, but because of this way of thinking, Farke feels that if Charlie goes onto that pitch, that his focus won't be about the team it will be about himself, in so far as I'm on the pitch now, I'm happy enough, until I get dropped again for the managers preferred players.

I could be wrong with that but it's the impression given off, there or there abouts anyway.

Another point to make, Struijk and Rodon have been very good this season, for what reason would Farke have to drop either just to see if say given half a dozen games consecutive if Charlie would be good enough to be considered a regular starter ahead of Rodon, or to try a 2 right footed CB partnership which we get the impression Farke prefers one LCB and one RCB, CB is a crucial area of the pitch where valuable partnerships are formed and right now, Struijk and Rodon are farkes preferred CB partnership because they've earned it with their performances so far this season.

And one final point to consider. Players more often than not tend to stay at a club longer than a manager does, while Charlie isn't getting many opportunities to play under Farke, the fact that the club sees Charlie as an important part of the playing squads future by giving him that new long contract, and the fact he is our youngest senior CB, and the fact that farke sees Ampadu as an adequate back up CB, would it not make sense to loan Charlie out again, protect the clubs investment in Charlie, let him play the matches he needs to continue his development as a player, to help regain his positive focus, and then have another crack at forcing his way into the team in the summer pre season, baring in mind, cooper will likely leave leeds this summer, especially if leeds are promoted, and if Leeds don't secure Rodon on a permanent deal, then Cresswell initially by default becomes first choice rcb/second choice CB, Charlie imo has a big future at Leeds, beyond what ever time Farke has at the club, cooper has had set backs at Leeds but has stayed loyal and had a great career, Charlie can do the same, it just begs the question, will he be patient enough, and will the club do everything possible to keep him, there's no point selling for peanuts, he's too good a prospect for that imo, I want to see a Leeds team that has 2 cresswells and 2 Grays in the first 11, I want to see the club bringing through their own talent, not losing prospects like gorman for a million quid because of gorman being so young there was nothing to stop us from him leaving, and that's due to the rules by the higher ups with gorman being just 14/15 at the time

To conclude, I hope Charlie stays at Leeds for his whole career, has whatever loan spells are required to keep up his development and gametime, and when the timing and the management is right, that Charlie plays for Leeds, shines for Leeds, and maybe even eventually captains Leeds United.

MOT!!!

PS - Monaco Totty, I'm in many Leeds United fans forums and other general football ones too, I get many folk who throw abuse at me and yeah, it's trash, all I can say is, it's just text on a screen, you know you're better than whatever text on a screen can be thrown at you, I don't let them win by dropping out, I stay in coz it pees em off more LMAO, they'd love to win by forcing me out, well it ain't gonna happen, I might have periods where I go quiet for a while, but never permanently out, I have too much self respect, humbleness, and pride to let them win. If you enjoy putting your points across, then keep doing it, many of us like reading your comments. Keep your chin up and head high, and keep supporting the mighty whites and continue to show your love for the Greatest club in the entire feckin universe, yours and so many others support are I'm sure extremely appreciated 👍
    And yet again, the "abuse" accusation gets included (albeit anonymously, as usual). I say again, NOTHING in this thread (or I would suggest any other in terms of response to MT in particular) was either insulting or abusive. It was challenging for sure, and since when is it not possible to challenge either another posters opinion or the veracity of the basis for that opinion? Putting points of view is all well and good, just as is the expressing of opinions, and I'm VERY much in favour of both, but when others disagree (as is their right) and challenge the basis of the viw/opinion, that's not an insult, nor is it abuse, and I am guilty of neither (challenge me if you wish, to demonstrate why).

Isn’t it a bit early for Punxsutawney Phil?

Bill Murray might know

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Shocked and amazed!! WTF alienating yet another poster!
    the irony of the king flouncer calling someone else one lol

same old same old
    Seems that the sentiments expressed during the latter part of 2023 are now forgotten, hmmm? Not so surprising, just a tad disappointing.

Trying to be constructive and I realise I may be somewhat biased in a negative way - I suspect sometimes the words may not land as intended or there is a lack of awareness of the impact they sometimes have on particular people?

The written word is often so much harsher than spoken word. Unfortunate but true.

I given the simplest/best example. Generally, you don't get a cancer diagnosis or bad medical news in an e-mail or letter.

While the government really doesn't care if you die once you've stopped paying taxes or can fight/die for them and would be fine sending you an email, text or letter the doctors or nurses won't do that unless they have no other option. It's a gentler way of communicating the same message.

Same at a pub or gathering. Often the messages are just as intense or emotional but it comes across different when you are eye to eye with someone. Same message but recieved differently.

Clive,
    hang in there!

the tough times make the good times so much sweeter!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Often the messages are just as intense or emotional but it comes across different when you are eye to eye with someone. Same message but recieved differently.
    Agree, so you've met my Mum too!
    😂😂

WTF - again coming from me I hope you take this in the spirit it is intended.

I don’t think anyone is saying don’t post - you often make interesting points and certainly post regularly. Sometimes people will disagree and sometimes they will agree with you - as we seemed to on this thread.

I think all that is being said is maybe consider how words may be received as at the end of the day we are all Leeds fans looking for light entertainment and to share all things Leeds (well largely).

I hope you return to posting soon notwithstanding we often don’t see eye to eye and most likely have very different outlooks and views.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)