+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Forget the points tally here is the real problem,FACT.

This thread is absolutely epic. Well done everyone who's contributed, it really is class (even though a few of you are talking ****e)

I don't think anyone can argue against that fact. We are well clear at the top of the league and RN got plenty praise and plaudits for getting us there but in recent weeks he has made some very dubious team selections and our form has dipped so it's only right that guys on here are asking questions why. I'm not in the happy camp and I'm not in the totally negative camp as I can see both sides of the debate but what I will say is football managers stand and fall by their decisions and fans are entitled to question these decisions if results and form are poor, Robbie has some credit in the bank for the great run we went on but how long does that last?

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    I don't think anyone can argue against that fact. We are well clear at the top of the league and RN got plenty praise and plaudits for getting us there but in recent weeks he has made some very dubious team selections and our form has dipped so it's only right that guys on here are asking questions why. I'm not in the happy camp and I'm not in the totally negative camp as I can see both sides of the debate but what I will say is football managers stand and fall by their decisions and fans are entitled to question these decisions if results and form are poor, Robbie has some credit in the bank for the great run we went on but how long does that last?
    Class, and welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Another bit of luck,please correct me if i'm wrong.When we got battered by QOTS(probably their best result of an awful season for them)we were losing top spot to ICT but fortunately Alloa equalised in the last minute at the Tulloch to preserve our lead.

Then we luckily responded with 9 fluke wins in a row and of course it a lucky equaliser for Alloa in Inverness along with their other lucky draws in Inverness they seem to get.. I hope we retain the luck Neilson had brought us, if so trophy number 6 won't be too far away

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This thread is absolutely epic. Well done everyone who's contributed, it really is class (even though a few of you are talking ****e)
    Yourself included Trebs!! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    That sounds like an R N out to me. Therefore who replaces him?

He is also wrong about hearts, read a thread recently on jambos kickback and its was more positive than negative, many were wanting Neilson back and were a embarassed by a section of fans that turned on him... However he was not sacked he chose to leave with them sitting 2nd, the fans that wanted him out given what he achieved deserved the downturn in results though, can't see it as think they'll get out of danger now but would be very amusing to see Neilson pass them on their way down

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I have been critical of the set up for a few weeks. Indeed me and Offshore were among the first to highlight Powers’ style of walking football as being a major hindrance to what we are trying to achieve despite others thinking he was outstanding. So in no way can I be described as a ‘Happy Clapper’ ( I know you’ve not said that in your post though to be clear).

My concern is that we are starting to get way ahead of ourselves. The last few weeks haven’t been great due to the likes of Powers arriving, RN playing him beside Butcher, but particularly due to injuries to key players such as Clark and Butcher. But we are talking about going straight back down when we haven’t even been promoted yet.

Let next season take care of itself. Neilson and the Club are not daft. They know fresh blood is needed for next season and as yet we have no idea what is lined up for next season. Who saw Shankland coming for instance? So let’s worry about that then. But, for now we absolutely HAVE to get up. Having had a peek at other Club’s forums, it is literally only on here that you are seeing talk about implosions and blowing the League. Everyone else is on about securing play off spots (including ICT), as they see the League itself as over. Now, to be clear, if we come out of the next three games with one point then I will be going as mental as the next person but I can’t see it. BUT, what my worry is that if Partick score first today it could get ugly when we least need it. Remember when we went one down with the o.g. to Alloa at home in December? The immediate crowd reaction was to get right behind the side and it ended up with the win. We are needing that sort of support right at this moment.

I just want to point out I think I was the first to highlight Powers being not very good for the team (sorry that's what I have seen from the hibs game at home) but it was coming off like I had an agenda against him. Anything but I was wanting him to be anther Butcher type not he isn't unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    He is also wrong about hearts, read a thread recently on jambos kickback and its was more positive than negative, many were wanting Neilson back and were a embarassed by a section of fans that turned on him... However he was not sacked he chose to leave with them sitting 2nd, the fans that wanted him out given what he achieved deserved the downturn in results though, can't see it as think they'll get out of danger now but would be very amusing to see Neilson pass them on their way down
    Everyone's wrong in your opinion Shedka, eh? Now you’re an expert Hearts statto too....

A jambo friend at work contradicts your info above, and just remember, forums are often a very small percentage of the actual fanbase....

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Indeed, and I'll admit to being culpable then. I didn't believe for a long time that someone who outwardly seemed to love the club and who I admired for his stance against Sevco would turn out to be the snake that he was.

Same, in my mind he had done more good than bad in his tenure to then, I was also very anti the mixu appointment, in fact I thought unless we were getting a better manager would have stuck with Jackie (we'd have got more pts from Oct-Jan than we ended up getting i am certain of it but that's not a debate for now)

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Yourself included Trebs!! 😉
    I'll most likely be one of the worst offenders.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)