+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    ... Interesting view from Tony Smith this morning, that Hull are struggling to attract top players because of it's East Yorkshire location.
    Doesn't seem to affect K.R though does it ?.
    Well he hasn't got a clue, so I'm not really bothered what he says. He was lucky to have kept the job as long as he did.
    And Leeds while looking like a poor shadow of their former selves, are surprisingly still a mid table team.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    To be fair to Catalan they do attract 10k for their Super League home games , Toulouse would probably attract similar with a sustained Super League period .

Again as with the UK the rest of France is a huge Rugby Union country with a very good and well paid domestic competition .

The marketing men still believe there's a London market for Rugby League in the capital , this pre dates Super League in fact , the London Broncos were formed in 1980 as Fulham and we still await the great leap forward in terms of crowds and Super League establishment .

The truth is Rugby Union is engrained in English culture in a way League never will be , it's always the code to play in schools and universities and enjoys the establishment backing .

Rugby League was never forgiven for breaking away from Union in 1895 and forming a semi professional game and that still exists today despite Union also going professional .

However every now and again we've rubbed their noses in it , in the link is the final of the Middle*** sevens played in the early 2000's at Twickenham .

There's was a little bridge building getting done at this time and the Bradford Bulls were inviting to compete in this annual Union tournament , I suspect there was also some " putting the league boys in their place " as Union had become fully professional by this time .

The Bulls travelled down to Twickenham having played St Helens the night before and didn't arrive at their hotel until 3 in the morning .

They successfully despatched a very good Army side and Leicester Tigers before facing Wasps in the final .

The League club's haven't had an invite to the Middle*** sevens since .

Enjoy Arby .

https://youtu.be/Y4piQYfzAzI?si=EO28XpWjK6tR6LJ-
    Thanks for that Animal.. A distant memory says that I think I witnessed it live on TV, but not sure.. However, it was brilliant to watch it again. No surprise that they weren't invited again 😁.

Betfred Championship Round 12

Wakefield Trinity 46 - 24 Halifax Panthers

Lovely sunny afternoon to be out watching Rugby League in perfect conditions , once again the beer was hitting the spot nicely , tried the Madri which was very good .

The problem we have this season and it's happened a few times is keeping the intensity and I dare say motivation going once we've established a good lead .

We were 24 - 6 up at half-time but came out in the second half in third gear and Fax took advantage and reduced our lead to 10 points .

We responded , upped our game and ran 22 points in before the end .

It's as though we just have to flick a switch and we extinguish any threat our opponent's have .

However we are doing what we have to do every week and earn the right to be back in Super League on the field next season .

Just a bit of old fashioned Carling for me mate, in the lovely sunny weather.

Yup, another good win for the Mighty Trin.

We were excellent in attack but not at our best defensively.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617