+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: “Dinna Bring an Arab Hame Tae Me”

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    great post, personally and i'll probably get shot down for this, i don't see why people here are demonstrating for something that happened to a criminal in USA

First off some daft chunt in china eats a bacon roll that came fae a pig that was bitten by a f ucking bat and then spreads a virus through the world killing off the elderly and the ones with ill health, closing the boozers, cancelling holidays, losing jobs and stopping football then we have some chunt in a america killed fae the polis which triggers british chunts pulling doon statues, mass demonstrations and assaulting polis horses

This year is a total f ucking head scratcher, what the actual f uck, imagine telling us this at Christmas you'd get locked up in the loony bin

Roll on 2021, surely to f uck it has to be better than this sh1te
    Agree. Maybe it was a boiling point in US (although i doubt it over here) - that guy had a very violent history and a serial criminal. Being able to restrain like that is shocking though. Everything about it is so wrong but thats in US why are we having riots here? yup 2020 has been ****ed mate

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Sorry Shedboy, can you clarify which low blow?

Just for the record I am not caught up in any euphoria and have not personally taken part in any protests and have not pulled down any statues. I have instead been keeping to the guidelines and socially distancing throughout.

I have to admit to being confused by your post as it seems to conflict itself. I think you need to educate yourself a little more before posting ��

Sorry Arab - i meant the calling out racist comments of another poster. Didnt think they were tbh. Didnt say you had taken part in any protests but i will be honest you see it closer than us so affects you more probably - wasnt meant to be an inflammatory comment i promise. I am comfortable with my education and it wasnt through any white privilege either but no one is perfect so enlighten me what i need to educate myself about?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thank phuck for that because i thought i was next in the firing line.I think this is another thread i will swerve but i really appreciate the efforts of others trying to educate me.
    Who would have thought it though eh?,Dele Alli a racist oh dear.
    debates like this just mean the most educated comments and common sense can be shot down with one word by anyone. I find the ill informed nature of all of this and ignorance in the press and beyond perplexing and yes best avoided. Mind you overall this thread has been better than most out there. Plenty other super threads on this wonderful board mate SRYB

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Sorry Arab - i meant the calling out racist comments of another poster. Didnt think they were tbh. Didnt say you had taken part in any protests but i will be honest you see it closer than us so affects you more probably - wasnt meant to be an inflammatory comment i promise. I am comfortable with my education and it wasnt through any white privilege either but no one is perfect so enlighten me what i need to educate myself about?
    Well firstly you talk of us and you often, which for me shows a clear dislike of the English, that's discrimination in itself. Also the slave trade began a very long time before Robert the Bruce appeared on the scene so I'm pretty sure it was still around in his time too.

Just to clarify things further. I was born in Dundee to a Scottish father and an English mother, my children were born in England to an English mother and I also have a Jamaican partner now. I consider myself Scottish and have long endured ridicule down here for my love of Scottish football. I dislike whiskey, porridge, haggis and both Celtic and Rangers ( actually hate Rangers with a passion lol). I'm quite a mixed bag tbh so perhaps have more diverse views than some others, but I have seen the direct effect of racial discrimination and the hurt it causes so I will continue to voice my opinion on the matter ( in a peaceful way of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownunder View Post
    Bill Maher gets the validation seekers down to a T

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q2ZR4nBuE

😁😁
    Good clip to make a point. Everyone comes at this racism situation from different directions but I for one think that the whole thing has got out of hand. For goodness sake the whole virtue signalling, over playing of the whole race situation (not the Floyd incident) is making a mockery of real racism and likely turning more folk 'racist'. What happened to the guy in America was just plain wrong, appaling. He was a criminal, so what, he did not deserve to be treated as he was and I hope that the cops are properly dealt with. It is all the politically correct nonsense that detracts from the real issues.
    As far as statues are concerned it is an irrelevance to me as to whether someone is 'commemorated' in such a way. I'm no fan of statues be it Churchill, Mandela or even Jim McLean. To start pulling them down for the lifestyle and views that were of the time and in many cases to views of more or less the whole population at the time though is plain daft. My own view is that Churchill was a flawed man who rose to guide Britain through it's darkest time and rightly enjoys his revered place in our history. Many icons of the other side of the argument had darker sides, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela etc. but these are rightly put aside in the overall picture leading to the reverence that these and others enjoy today. Why not for Churchill? Why because the rabble rousing, lefty liberal white middle classes do indeed act like as described in the 'comic' clip all self flagellating, virtuous and right minded in their own minds but also bigoted, racist in other ways and certainly most certainly intolerant in the extreme, vicious and at times violent and destructive and totally unwilling to hear other's points of view.
    Black Lives Matter. Of course they do but in some eyes to say all lives matter is seen as racist; why?
    Where is all this going to end because the injustices of centuries wont be cured overnight? We are imo well on the way to a better inter related racial society but there is a way to go, not helped by rent a mob consisting of out and out hooligans and vandals mixed with the lefty/liberal 'disease'.
    There will be a fight back from those opposed to political correctness and I don't mean the other side of the mob/hooligan brigade the EDL ultra right wing loonies etc. I think honest to goodness right minded ordinary folk are heart sick of all this political correctness and will have their day through peaceful methods. Maybe now that the Clap for Carers has finished those of such a mind should clap to show their disgust at political correctness in all areas. Or a Clap for Winston Churchill who was after all voted as the greatest Briton by the public, not so long ago. I would be out there for that one.
    Tolerance for everyone should be the word!!

In all honesty we can all debate this until the cows come home. The issues of race relations, bigotry, religious hatred etc have always been present and will never be fully erased or even anywhere close to it. They certainly will not be resolved on a football forum, So I'm going to bow out of this thread altogether now and stick to the football ones in future, peace to all 👍

Well firstly you talk of us and you often, which for me shows a clear dislike of the English, that's discrimination in itself. Also the slave trade began a very long time before Robert the Bruce appeared on the scene so I'm pretty sure it was still around in his time too.

Just to clarify things further. I was born in Dundee to a Scottish father and an English mother, my children were born in England to an English mother and I also have a Jamaican partner now. I consider myself Scottish and have long endured ridicule down here for my love of Scottish football. I dislike whiskey, porridge, haggis and both Celtic and Rangers ( actually hate Rangers with a passion lol). I'm quite a mixed bag tbh so perhaps have more diverse views than some others, but I have seen the direct effect of racial discrimination and the hurt it causes so I will continue to voice my opinion on the matter ( in a peaceful way of course)
    Any indication of that then i very much apologise as it couldnt be further from the truth - iwas born in dundee but my parents are from Kent. The discrimination you talk of is really what i meant by more visible/prevelant down south (although no way is scotland immune to it - far from it. I wont talk about my politics other thanm what i have said ive never voted snp and never will but appreciate all sides of argument too.

Well firstly you talk of us and you often, which for me shows a clear dislike of the English, that's discrimination in itself.
    i really think you're looking for things that aren't there mate, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Good clip to make a point. Everyone comes at this racism situation from different directions but I for one think that the whole thing has got out of hand. For goodness sake the whole virtue signalling, over playing of the whole race situation (not the Floyd incident) is making a mockery of real racism and likely turning more folk 'racist'. What happened to the guy in America was just plain wrong, appaling. He was a criminal, so what, he did not deserve to be treated as he was and I hope that the cops are properly dealt with. It is all the politically correct nonsense that detracts from the real issues.
    As far as statues are concerned it is an irrelevance to me as to whether someone is 'commemorated' in such a way. I'm no fan of statues be it Churchill, Mandela or even Jim McLean. To start pulling them down for the lifestyle and views that were of the time and in many cases to views of more or less the whole population at the time though is plain daft. My own view is that Churchill was a flawed man who rose to guide Britain through it's darkest time and rightly enjoys his revered place in our history. Many icons of the other side of the argument had darker sides, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela etc. but these are rightly put aside in the overall picture leading to the reverence that these and others enjoy today. Why not for Churchill? Why because the rabble rousing, lefty liberal white middle classes do indeed act like as described in the 'comic' clip all self flagellating, virtuous and right minded in their own minds but also bigoted, racist in other ways and certainly most certainly intolerant in the extreme, vicious and at times violent and destructive and totally unwilling to hear other's points of view.
    Black Lives Matter. Of course they do but in some eyes to say all lives matter is seen as racist; why?
    Where is all this going to end because the injustices of centuries wont be cured overnight? We are imo well on the way to a better inter related racial society but there is a way to go, not helped by rent a mob consisting of out and out hooligans and vandals mixed with the lefty/liberal 'disease'.
    There will be a fight back from those opposed to political correctness and I don't mean the other side of the mob/hooligan brigade the EDL ultra right wing loonies etc. I think honest to goodness right minded ordinary folk are heart sick of all this political correctness and will have their day through peaceful methods. Maybe now that the Clap for Carers has finished those of such a mind should clap to show their disgust at political correctness in all areas. Or a Clap for Winston Churchill who was after all voted as the greatest Briton by the public, not so long ago. I would be out there for that one.
    Tolerance for everyone should be the word!!
    see your 'in some eyes to say all lives matter is seen as racist' comment, i've seen so many arguments over this the past week, proper heated arguments too

John Barnes now claiming black managers aren't given as much time as white managers to turn round poor form.

Jesus wept.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53034465

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)