+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 176 of 253 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2530

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 20/21

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That's very cryptic.

But... there was a rumour on another forum that he refused to play for Forfar if selected for the subs bench. Further rumour that he was very unhappy at being subbed in the match previous. Not sure if he has played since but someone will know. Would stress these are just rumours and probably complete sh1te.

But coming from a foreign country to Scotland and then being farmed out to a strange place with people you probably can't understand, in digs, possibly homesick, is a real issue for some to get to grips with. It's all very strange, and I hope it gets resolved.
    He was also born & bred in England mate. Came through the youth ranks at Rochdale. Unless of course you're referring to England as the foreign country which is absolutely fair play. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He was also born & bred in England mate. Came through the youth ranks at Rochdale. Unless of course you're referring to England as the foreign country which is absolutely fair play. 😂
    I thought he arrived from Kosovo in a dinghy so I've got it all wrong. In fact I've got him partly mixu'd up with Jeando. Too much alcohol last night.

What's your theory? Do you think TA told MM he was the new Messi then when MM watched him in training he said naw?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    What's your theory? Do you think TA told MM he was the new Messi then when MM watched him in training he said naw?
    I have no idea mate. He was on trial when Neilson was manager and Neilson mustn't have fancied it. Mellon came in and he was back on trial, this time signing. I don't know where the link between Asghar and Hoti is or why he seems so desperate for us to sign him, but it doesn't look like it's paying off. I mean, look at his record. We all questioned the signing when it happened. Something like two professional games of football in his entire career. He's now gone on loan and made only three starts for Forfar, being hooked after 36 minutes in one of them. It's a headshaker.

I have no idea mate. He was on trial when Neilson was manager and Neilson mustn't have fancied it. Mellon came in and he was back on trial, this time signing. I don't know where the link between Asghar and Hoti is or why he seems so desperate for us to sign him, but it doesn't look like it's paying off. I mean, look at his record. We all questioned the signing when it happened. Something like two professional games of football in his entire career. He's now gone on loan and made only three starts for Forfar, being hooked after 36 minutes in one of them. It's a headshaker.
    We have had a couple of head shakers; Letting Watson go, giving both King and Connolly extended contracts. Hoti sounds like an attitudinal problem, for whatever reason. I think LS had similar attitude when younger and as McCall said the penny just dropped. Wouldn’t shoot Hoti, before being given a chance, if MM sees fit.

Apparently we have placed a bid for the guy Robert at Airdrie. If we’re offering actual transfer cash, this means either that our financial position isn’t as bad as feared with the pandemic or alternatively we are planning for and expecting transfer money to be coming in to the Club this window, in which case that can only mean Benji is on his way. I suspect the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Apparently we have placed a bid for the guy Robert at Airdrie. If we’re offering actual transfer cash, this means either that our financial position isn’t as bad as feared with the pandemic or alternatively we are planning for and expecting transfer money to be coming in to the Club this window, in which case that can only mean Benji is on his way. I suspect the latter.
    Unless something is already signed & sealed that we don't know about, we'd be crazy to be signing players on the assumption that we'll be receiving bids for some of our own. This guys contract is up in the summer, so I'd imagine we'd be looking at a very low transfer fee.

The Scotsman reported Dynamo CSKA were prepared to meet our £1.5m evaluation of Benji. If any truth in that then shake his hand and thank him for his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    The Scotsman reported Dynamo CSKA were prepared to meet our £1.5m evaluation of Benji. If any truth in that then shake his hand and thank him for his efforts.
    Depends on the player as well of course. CSKA & Schalke would seem the front runners. CSKA can offer megabucks in wages but Russia isn't the most appealing, while Schalke are rooted to the bottom of the Bundesliga and facing relegation. £1.5M would be a great fee however. One of Shabbas only decent signings.

I hope he goes to Schalke & not Moscow. I was watching Chernobyl last night & Russia's a horrible place. Btw CSKA Moscow & Dynamo Moscow are two different clubs. So is The Scotsman guilty of merging the two clubs?

Page 176 of 253 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)