+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 177 of 225 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2245

Thread: Todays Other Games, 2016/2017 Edition.

1-0 Spain, Ignashevich own goal. The Russian defender was more interested in grappling with Ramos than trying to win the ball, poor defending in my eyes.

Penalty to Russia, handball against Pique given, Pique and Spain can argue as much as they want , but Pique's arm is up in the air. All square, 1-1, Dzyuba from the spot.

Nice to see Russia making a game of it anyway. Spain look flat.

I think this is the first time I’ve been rooting for a game to go to penalties. Can’t see Russia winning this is in extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I think this is the first time I’ve been rooting for a game to go to penalties. Can’t see Russia winning this is in extra time.
    All games are different, but i can't say i've enjoyed watching this one as much as the two yesterday. I'd rather a side got a goal in extra-time than having to go to penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    All games are different, but i can't say i've enjoyed watching this one as much as the two yesterday. I'd rather a side got a goal in extra-time than having to go to penalties.
    I want Russia to win as I’m rooting for chaotic knockout stage with all the powers going out early. But I don’t think they’ve even kicked the ball towards goal since the second half started. So for me, penalties is the only way they’ll win.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I want Russia to win as I’m rooting for chaotic knockout stage with all the powers going out early. But I don’t think they’ve even kicked the ball towards goal since the second half started. So for me, penalties is the only way they’ll win.
    Russia have been happy with Spain having plenty of the ball. I think it's a good world cup when the likes of Argentina, Germany and Portugal are going out early.

I think you may get your wish regarding penalties, it does add drama to the game.

Russia move on. Gotta feel for Koke and Aspas. Can’t imagine the feeling.

Well done Russia, four penalties scored from the spot. De Gea close to the first Russian penalty, but Russia put each one away. Koke's penalty wasn't the greatest and neither was the one taken by Aspas.

I do feel in the second half of extra time that Spain were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty by the ref, even after he viewed VAR for the incident involving Pique.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Well done Russia, four penalties scored from the spot. De Gea close to the first Russian penalty, but Russia put each one away. Koke's penalty wasn't the greatest and neither was the one taken by Aspas.

I do feel in the second half of extra time that Spain were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty by the ref, even after he viewed VAR for the incident involving Pique.
    I don’t think Russia could complain if called, but I also thought that it wasn’t 100% clear, in which case I don’t think VAR should overturn the call on the field. But if Wolves were victims of it, I’m sure I’d think differently.

Just saw an interesting fact on twitter: now that Spain is out, the World Cup Finals will feature at least one team that hasn’t been to a Final in 50+ years (England 66, Sweden 58), possibly a team with no appearance in the Final ever (Croatia, Russia, Denmark, Colombia, Switzerland)

Page 177 of 225 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)