+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Icky are confirmed to be leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    That`s your opinion,but he was everything you want in a footballer,and he will live long in my memory,same as someone like Revell.
    On the official website the news that Smith has left is headed by a picture of Smith scoring against Wednesday ! Nice touch.
    I don't think Smudge had that truly iconic moment in a big game to be considered alongside Revell. I know it should be a totality of performances thing but that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Icky will crumble imo, confidence lets him down a few times here
    Said exactly the same when the news first broke yesterday. His mentals are his greatest weakness imo (well maybe the shanks) and with a bigger crowd on his back when errors are made, he is likely to crumble.

Smudge this season left before he starts going downhill.

Icky I'm not that bothered about really

Both gone purely for money.

Not football reasons.

Tony Stewart it's upto you now.

Paul warne deserves a bigger club than rufc.

And it will take years to replace him going through the normal run off the mill managers

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but Smith did not sign a contract extension in January because he wanted to see what division we was going to be in.

I assumed he meant he wanted to play in the Championship not the other way around.

Wendies have got a hard first 7 games. M K Dons, Bolton, Peterborough,Portsmouth, Charlton, Forest Green & Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Smudge this season left before he starts going downhill.

Icky I'm not that bothered about really

Both gone purely for money.

Not football reasons.

Tony Stewart it's upto you now.

Paul warne deserves a bigger club than rufc.

And it will take years to replace him going through the normal run off the mill managers
    So what bigger club do you suggest with a good Chairman.Big clubs expect a lot & If they don’t get it you are shown the door then you are on the normal run of the mill jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned but Smith did not sign a contract extension in January because he wanted to see what division we was going to be in.

I assumed he meant he wanted to play in the Championship not the other way around.
    Money talks to some

Darren Moore is a crap football manager. I think their late run last season is the exception and not the rule for that bellend.

Both players were out of contract and have signed deals that will make them financially secure. You can't blame them.

Even if it doesn't work out and I sincerely hope it doesn't, they will still walk away with a nice payoff and then go and sign for someone else. It's modern day football.

There's been very little movement in the transfer market and the loan market is only starting.

We need to invest in a team that will produce a different playing style but retain the work ethic. Let's not go like for like. Definitely need a couple of experienced championship performers who are out of contract. We won't see this type of player until August. Especially with our budget.

When a playing contract runs out on the 30th June, if a player does not secure a new contract by the 31st July at another club, he gets paid for July. A player is going to wait if he is signing for a lot less money at a new club.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    Agree with this completely. Lets just hope our big morale boosting signing to restore the faith is not Tom Eaves. Sorry if this is mega negative but I cannot put into words how underwhelming that would be
    Bloody ek DP you must have been suicidal when we signed M.Smith from Bury res.

After a sleep I feel much better about this. W*******y fans at work seem a bit non-plussed, which is certainly helping
    We need to move on. Smudge & Icky had two go's at Championship and failed. Time for something different
    Get Stockton signed for a morale boost

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast