+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi final thread

You can always argue about team selection and tactics, but I don't think that's what cost us the game today.

Our problems were in defence. We couldn't pick better defenders because we don't have better defenders. O'Connor and Considine are not good enough, Reynolds is finished. It was obvious with Taylor going we needed major repairs in the summer, instead of which we got ****ing Arnason. McKenna has been a lucky break but you can't expect a young lad to carry the defence for a whole season. Maybe with benefit of hindsight you could argue that one of the kids could hardly have been worse than Ball, or Reynolds worse than Arnason, but he picked the defence most of us would have picked.

With Logan out and a fringe player out of position at right back, we were a disaster waiting to happen and it happened.

That defeat was rooted in our summer recruitment policy: McInnes probably knew Reynolds was emergency cover at best, but he was wrong in thinking O'Connor and Considine were adequate and he didn't do his homework properly before signing Arnason.

We've got to get this fixed in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    You can always argue about team selection and tactics, but I don't think that's what cost us the game today.

Our problems were in defence. We couldn't pick better defenders because we don't have better defenders. O'Connor and Considine are not good enough, Reynolds is finished. It was obvious with Taylor going we needed major repairs in the summer, instead of which we got ****ing Arnason. McKenna has been a lucky break but you can't expect a young lad to carry the defence for a whole season. Maybe with benefit of hindsight you could argue that one of the kids could hardly have been worse than Ball, or Reynolds worse than Arnason, but he picked the defence most of us would have picked.

With Logan out and a fringe player out of position at right back, we were a disaster waiting to happen and it happened.

That defeat was rooted in our summer recruitment policy: McInnes probably knew Reynolds was emergency cover at best, but he was wrong in thinking O'Connor and Considine were adequate and he didn't do his homework properly before signing Arnason.

We still wouldn't have scored and our long ball tactics are embarrassing.

Taylor was f@cking awful as well,he has never replaced Anderson and it might sound harsh but I don’t hold out much hope for Devlin.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Well just back to my hotel in Weegieland. Can’t be arsed reading through the thread as I guess we all feel the same. Nawakali, why the **** pick a useless loanee who has not played for a month. Yep, we had some suspensions, but ****ing Nawakali. The whole team were ****e today.

Now on cup final day I will be watching the Royal Wedding. **** me, Meghan Markle in her dress and high heels would have done better than Stevie May today.

Embarrassing, just embarrassing.

I will love AFC for as long as I am on this planet. But the ****s on the pitch today deserve no respect. Shambles. Oh and yes, McInnes, just ****ing go.

You know the worst of it?
    Fair play to them, well played, give them credit etc.

But Motherwell are absolutely toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Well just back to my hotel in Weegieland. Can’t be arsed reading through the thread as I guess we all feel the same. Nawakali, why the **** pick a useless loanee who has not played for a month. Yep, we had some suspensions, but ****ing Nawakali. The whole team were ****e today.

Now on cup final day I will be watching the Royal Wedding. **** me, Meghan Markle in her dress and high heels would have done better than Stevie May today.

Embarrassing, just embarrassing.

I will love AFC for as long as I am on this planet. But the ****s on the pitch today deserve no respect. Shambles. Oh and yes, McInnes, just ****ing go.
    So who instead of Nawakali ?? maybe Ball would have been a better defensive Midfielder than right back?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

which means how bad are we

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

That’s the most galling part.
    The ONLY positive about Motherwell is they work very hard.
    They’re sh1t at playing “football”.
    Just shell it up the park & play for territory & second balls.
    A poor team.
    Not one of their goals was down to them.
    Goal 1. Hand ball & Ball not playing on
    Goal 2. ****ehole defending & a foul on Arnason possibly
    Goal 3. Fans favourite Arnason being a d1ck. He’s been a woeful signing.

Motherwell make the best of the limited amount they have. The centre forward is a good player though. Better than our £400k fat, slow waste of a shirt.

Hope they win the final.
    They won’t.
    It would still be 0-0 now if we defended like a football team.

Humped by a bang average team.
    That’s unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Taylor was f@cking awful as well,he has never replaced Anderson and it might sound harsh but I don’t hold out much hope for Devlin.

Hope he proves me wrong.
    Motherwell have embarrassed us 3 times this season using the simple tactic of playing an aggressive, battering ram striker against our easily bullied defenders. Moult or Main scored twice in each game. It wouldn't have been so easy against Taylor.

Motherwell have embarrassed us 3 times this season using the simple tactic of playing an aggressive, battering ram striker against our easily bullied defenders. Moult or Main scored twice in each game. It wouldn't have been so easy against Taylor.
    Hate to say it but I Agree but would a Taylor/McKenna partnership have worked?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast