+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Match Thread vs. Bromley FC 26.10.21 [NL]

I must admit the tippy happy stuff around the defence bored me to tears but the last couple of games we seemed to be moving it faster. The one thing that worries me is when the keeper takes his time when it is at his feet and the opposing
    forwards close him down, he just about gets away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I know this is easy to say in hindsight, but it very reasonable to suggest that we would be sitting one point behind leaders Grimsby now, if we hadn't lost Cameron, Rawlinson and Slocombe for the games against Halifax and Woking.
    In my eyes we do seem to have the right people at the club, to lead us out of this league.
    I was a supporter of Ardley, but truly believe IB is a step up.
    Looking at the squad as it stands we now have Cameron, Taylor, Vincent, Roberts, Rodrigues and Wootton as sell on value, not bad compared to recent sessons.
    The football played in the last three games, gives me reason to believe , if maintained, can bring us promotion this season.
    I think it is something also not to go unnoticed, that we are unbeaten with Cameron in the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Fair enough the bigger picture is fine, definitely deserves to find the elusive part of the jigsaw which he may well do

All i have said is at the moment, despite his more attacking style which i agree on the face of it seems more positive , he has certainly been no better than Ardley to date, in fact he is worse at this moment in time.
    And IB has been made to look silly with teams that have less facilities , less money, and much inferior infrastructure. But this is no surprise given he has limited experience at this level. Now he may well find the missing piece, but is just as likely to carry on as he is

Personally for me, IB was the wrong manager for Notts and i said so at the time , It just continues Notts long self destruct of replacing a manager with one no better, or worse. if Ardley was replaced it should have been with a manager with more experience of the national league , or more of an impact type of manager. Still IB is work in progress, and i hope all the pieces come together. There is still plenty of games left this season, and the next 2 against Grimsby and Solihull are very important

How do we rank progression, well we have been 3rd, then 5th, and firstly to the play off final then the playoff semi final, so any worse than that is not progression. IB also has the advantage of crowds backing the players, a big positive advantage on what Ardley had
    Can’t agree we have been made look silly because his lack of experience against small teams. This is just a very inconsistent league, Phil Parkinson with bags of experience and bags of cash thrown at him is losing to small teams. I can’t see what lack of experience now he’s been here a few months anyway has anything to do with it, he seems to know a lot about the teams and what to expect now in terms of some teams antics, there’s not exactly a lot to work out is there.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718