+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barnet 08.02.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    The Notts fans who applauded Hall when he was substituted seem to have the right attitude. No-one deserves abuse, not even Steve McNulty*. In the end, you’d better be certain the person you’re insulting doesn’t mind, or you’re being at best a prat and at worst a bully.

* I don’t actually know Steve McNulty, and I’m not actually suggesting he deserves to be called ‘fatty’.
    I agree, no forms of abuse should be tolerated. The only problem I have is where do we draw the line? I have heard many fans abusing the referee, some on here. Should they be banned for life if they do it in the ground? I'm certainly no fan of poor referees, but do they deserve profane abuse?

Don't get me wrong, if it's proven that the person who was ejected was doing as stated, then they are an idiot and deserve all they get especially bearing in mind Notts have many players, black or white who would be offended by those comments.

Just as aside, wasn't John Chiedozie sent off for making racist remarks to Uriah Rennie?

I was hoping for a Tamworth-esque game to boost the players’ confidence and Notts - and Barnet - duly obliged. Excellent!

Did they announce the attendance? Not on the BBC or club website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I agree, no forms of abuse should be tolerated. The only problem I have is where do we draw the line? I have heard many fans abusing the referee, some on here. Should they be banned for life if they do it in the ground? I'm certainly no fan of poor referees, but do they deserve profane abuse?

Don't get me wrong, if it's proven that the person who was ejected was doing as stated, then they are an idiot and deserve all they get especially bearing in mind Notts have many players, black or white who would be offended by those comments.

Just as aside, wasn't John Chiedozie sent off for making racist remarks to Uriah Rennie?
    Not sure what point you’re trying to make.
    To answer your question of ‘where do we draw the line’ well we can start with racism.
    It was one lad, and he did shout something, and the group he was with didn’t tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Not sure what point you’re trying to make.
    To answer your question of ‘where do we draw the line’ well we can start with racism.
    It was one lad, and he did shout something, and the group he was with didn’t tolerate it.
    It must have been something really nasty because the player was in tears and was consoled by both sets of players, Cameron was especially good. A player has every right to walk off if suffering racist abuse.
    The guy in the Pavis shouting get on with it at the time sits lower down from us, a minute after kick off if one of the opposition commits a foul he's berating the ref and bellowing Get yer book out. Complete dick.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I was hoping for a Tamworth-esque game to boost the players’ confidence and Notts - and Barnet - duly obliged. Excellent!

Did they announce the attendance? Not on the BBC or club website.
    To answer my own question - 5,657 (according to Twitter). Very impressive, if true. Over 8,000 at Southend last night, which is amazing. Don’t know if there was some kind of offer there, but that’s more than they used to get when they were in the Championship. They’re also steaming up the league - this season’s Chesterfield?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It must have been something really nasty because the player was in tears and was consoled by both sets of players, Cameron was especially good. A player has every right to walk off if suffering racist abuse.
    The guy in the Pavis shouting get on with it at the time sits lower down from us, a minute after kick off if one of the opposition commits a foul he's berating the ref and bellowing Get yer book out. Complete dick.
    To be fair, it doesn’t need to be “really nasty” to upset someone. As you say, there’s no room for it and it can’t be tolerated. Sadly, it’s normally done under the cover of anonymity on social media these days, so it’s not like we’ve found a panacea for it. It’s just not normally so blatant.

I’d love it if the Notts players started taking the knee now as a response and making a clear statement about racism. I’d suggest the crowd do it too, but there are some in the Pavis who might never get back up given the state of their joints.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Brilliant post match interview from our captain on pies player.
    That's the kind of leader we want. Absolutely zero tolerance to racism. We'll done Kyle.
    Commeth the hour, hour commeth the man and a great example and role model.

We are Notts, we are black, we are white. This is how it’s always been at this great club with its great fans. We stand together side by side as one like the stripes on our shirts and say no to racism.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    To be fair, it doesn’t need to be “really nasty” to upset someone. As you say, there’s no room for it and it can’t be tolerated. Sadly, it’s normally done under the cover of anonymity on social media these days, so it’s not like we’ve found a panacea for it. It’s just not normally so blatant.

I’d love it if the Notts players started taking the knee now as a response and making a clear statement about racism. I’d suggest the crowd do it too, but there are some in the Pavis who might never get back up given the state of their joints.
    I wouldn't love it, taking the knee is done now, it served a good purpose at the time , but now like a lot of things it's more to do with political woke compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well played Eli, what a great performance, its just a pity you were not kept on to get your hat trick..
    Durham just be glad he's still at the club and still an option for the head coach to select

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    To add to that. The number of people shouting gerrit forward during a spell of possession. Which was finished off with Wootton finding the back net. Fantastic football/goal.
    Favourite post on the night , love it thanks for reporting back KK.

Now that's a magical moment for any fan of proper football.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast