+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherhams new manager

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Why does everyone keep banging on about Warnock. He's retired. He's a dinosaur who never quite made it into the 21st Century. He's now happy being a star on talksport on the phone from his farm in Devon.
    I wasn't saying "Get Warnock", I was talking about when he was here before, and his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    40 year old brin…and as I said yesterday he could retire as a player or they could release him from the playing part of his contract…but there’s a process to follow with either of those regarding the pfa for one.

As I also said yesterday the player in question moved down there after a promotion with his former club as move for family reasons.

If Taylor wants his own men then so be it.getting the right backroom staff for a club like ours is really important.
    and here's me thinking he was back end of his 20's early 30's.....jeez he's well past it as a goalie so why doesn't he de register and hang his boots up? Probably sees this as a last big pay off to support his family and he holds all the cards but, if I was the manager I'd say hurry up pal we need to be moving on.

Press conference at NYS imminent

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    and here's me thinking he was back end of his 20's early 30's.....jeez he's well past it as a goalie so why doesn't he de register and hang his boots up? Probably sees this as a last big pay off to support his family and he holds all the cards but, if I was the manager I'd say hurry up pal we need to be moving on.
    He's an Exeter player (2nd/3rd choice goalie) and as the windows are closed they need special dispensation to be able to replace him if he goes.

Exeter City Football Club is now in a position to confirm that manager Matt Taylor has left the club for Rotherham United.

Saturday’s match against Bristol Rovers was Matt’s last match as manager of Exeter City. Assistant Manager Wayne Carlisle will also be leaving the club and joining Matt at Rotherham.

The clubs have reached an agreement on a suitable compensation sum.

Under-18s coach Kevin Nicholson and first team coach and lead professional development phase (PDP) coach Jon Hill will be taking over the first team in the interim period, while the club board begins the recruitment process for a new manager. The position will be advertised externally.

The club would like to put on record its sincere thanks to Matt who has been a committed and outstanding manager for Exeter City.

In a joint statement, President of Exeter City Football Club, Julian Tagg and Nick Hawker, chair of Exeter City Supporters’ Trust, said: "Everybody at Exeter City is disappointed to lose Matt. He has been a fantastic manager for the club and will of course be rightfully recognised for taking the team to League One for the first time in 10 years.

"Coming through the club firstly as a player, our under 23s manager, and, ultimately our manager, he has understood the importance of our ownership model. Our fans will be disappointed to lose Matt, but we are sure they will join us in thanking Matt for his commitment to the club and wish him every success for the future.”

hey added: "During his tenure as manager Matt has built a competitive League One side and we are optimistic that these foundations will stand us in good stead as we recruit a new manager and continue our League One campaign.

"We would also like to thank assistant manager Wayne Carlisle for his service to the club. He has been an important member of the backroom staff following initially his appointment as head of coaching in 2017 and then as assistant manager in 2019 and we wish him every success in his career.”

Matt joined Exeter City as a player in 2006 and made 160 appearances for the club between then and 2011. He returned to Exeter in the autumn of 2016 as a defensive coach, and following this as under-23s manager, leading City to a successful Under-23 Premier League Cup campaign. He was appointed manager in 2018 and last week’s victory over Forest Green Rovers was his 100th win as manager of Exeter City.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    New bobble hats in the club shop

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Is that a normal imminent or a cayton imminent..🤣

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Is that a normal imminent or a cayton imminent..��
    Or an incoming imminent?

He’s here 😍😍⚽️⚽️⚽️🍾🍾

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast