+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

Hi Swale
    Is it possible to split a thread?
    Is it possible to close a thread?
    If so, would you be able to close this thread at the point of the start of the debate on climate change and start a new one at that point?
    Sounds like it might be quite difficult but I don't think anybody has anything significant still to say about the MK Dons match.
    Thank you if you can!

The climate change movement is the naïve young scantily clad hippy girl in one of those late 1960s Hammer Horror films, cornered by a vampire (the new world order)....... "Ah my child, so you want peace? Hahahahahahahahah" and he proceeds to give them their peace, for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Happy to oblige.

Playing safe is believing the scientists who say climate change is real, and taking whatever actions we can to minimise it.
    It's the 'whatever actions' part that worries me. What if governments announce sweeping changes to our way of life? What if we're no longer allowed to use personal cars, or if certain products are rationed or banned (like meat, for example). What if you have to ask for permission to fly somewhere? What if non-compliance means you don't get access to basic public services? Where's the line?

Great post QP. Like I said it won't be global warming that massively impacts our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Happy to oblige.

Playing safe is believing the scientists who say climate change is real, and taking whatever actions we can to minimise it.
    Science isn't about belief, its about which model best suits the situation. It looks like you are thinking it's a religion and that whichever side has the most priests pushing their doctrine will win.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Hi Swale
    Is it possible to split a thread?
    Is it possible to close a thread?
    If so, would you be able to close this thread at the point of the start of the debate on climate change and start a new one at that point?
    Sounds like it might be quite difficult but I don't think anybody has anything significant still to say about the MK Dons match.
    Thank you if you can!
    It isn't possible to do that I'm afraid. I was kind of hoping that the constant adding to the title might make people think...

'Oh my goodness, how silly I am! Perhaps I should have gone to a more appropriate thread or started a new one for this'.

Alas, it appears that we basically just have this one thread for all topics now I'm afraid. A strange development after all these years of using threads for topics. Of course, there have always been certain posters who randomly post in the wrong thread on a completely different topic but this new evolution of NCM is fascinating.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-09-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Science isn't about belief, its about which model best suits the situation. It looks like you are thinking it's a religion and that whichever side has the most priests pushing their doctrine will win.
    Great analogy.

So, what do people think about the BBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    So, what do people think about the BBC?

I'd give them a 5 in the first half but after half time they really upped their game and by the final whistle they were a good 8 for me. It was very hot in that stadium though, so there's a good chance the CO2 levels in Milton Keynes were a bit higher than they will be at Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    It looks like you are thinking it's a religion and that whichever side has the most priests pushing their doctrine will win.
    I'm thinking that if we listen to those who deny climate change and they turn out to be wrong, we can't turn the clock back.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast