+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Crawley Town FC 28.11.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I felt like that under Nolan, was just starting to take my daughter and trying to get her into it and I felt embarrassed to what we were watching, luckily she stuck with it and eventually was rewarded at Wembley.
    Under Warnock I never thought it was terrible as he did have some ball players and obviously they were good times.
    Warnock was never boring, a man that liked the press ,the memeories like promotion to the top flight , beating man city in the FA cup, amongst many others are some of my best ever as a Notts Supporter , 5 years in the top 2 tiers , even after all these years nothing has come close for me

I felt like that under Nolan, was just starting to take my daughter and trying to get her into it and I felt embarrassed to what we were watching, luckily she stuck with it and eventually was rewarded at Wembley.
    Under Warnock I never thought it was terrible as he did have some ball players and obviously they were good times.
    I remember the number of times Kevin Bartlett would just welly the ball past a defender and sprint past them to get 1 on 1 with the keeper... and then it was always a case of will he hit the goal or the corner flag (a bit of an exaggeration I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Warnock was never boring, a man that liked the press ,the memeories like promotion to the top flight , beating man city in the FA cup, amongst many others are some of my best ever as a Notts Supporter , 5 years in the top 2 tiers , even after all these years nothing has come close for me
    Thats what hooked me as a Notts supporter , and i am still going 35 years later lol, Hope the entertaining style combined with winning and progress forward in the last few seasons can do the same for the youngsters today, and hopefully turn them into life long suppoorters

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I remember the number of times Kevin Bartlett would just welly the ball past a defender and sprint past them to get 1 on 1 with the keeper... and then it was always a case of will he hit the goal or the corner flag (a bit of an exaggeration I know).
    I liked Barlett one of my favourite players and he was really quick wasnt he, also the fantastic tommy Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I liked Barlett one of my favourite players and he was really quick wasnt he, also the fantastic tommy Johnson
    Tommy never seemed to miss, I’m sure he did though. Short and Yates at the back were absolutely rocks and the likes of Drapes and Don O’Riordan in the middle, I will never forget as a kid in the spurs away end that ball rocketing towards us from Donno it was never ever going to be saved, great times.

Tommy never seemed to miss, I’m sure he did though. Short and Yates at the back were absolutely rocks and the likes of Drapes and Don O’Riordan in the middle, I will never forget as a kid in the spurs away end that ball rocketing towards us from Donno it was never ever going to be saved, great times.
    I remember that great goal by O Riordon, shame he got injured and his career ended in our first match away at Man Utd

As for the Spurs match itself we were kind of swindled, we could have been 2-0 up but hit post, their first hit post and went in , as it was only the brillainnce of Paul Gascoine that beat us, and arguably he should have already been sent of after elbowing Harding in the face, but got away with it, these days he would have been off

Used to stand in the County Road at that time.
    There was an oldish, smallish Irishman who just couldn't help himself every time Don O' got the ball in sight of goal
    'LET FLY O'RIORDAN' he would scream, head out of his overcoat like a turtle, veins and eyes abulging

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Used to stand in the County Road at that time.
    There was an oldish, smallish Irishman who just couldn't help himself every time Don O' got the ball in sight of goal
    'LET FLY O'RIORDAN' he would scream, head out of his overcoat like a turtle, veins and eyes abulging
    James Joyce ?

Match stats from Crawley game plus player stats for all competitions updated.
    Name:  Match_Stats_Crawley_h.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  All_Comps_2023-24.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  13.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Match stats from Crawley game plus player stats for all competitions updated.
    Name:  Match_Stats_Crawley_h.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  All_Comps_2023-24.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  13.2 KB
    https://youtu.be/acdX9XH20cw

One of the best games ever

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718