+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 180 of 254 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Is this the new "central belt favouritism" angle?
    Well she did have a go at Aberdeen football club for not being able to keep their employees from breaking the rules (even though she can’t do that herself)

So I would expect her to criticise the Huns considering they couldn’t stop their players from breaking the rules too.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Well she did have a go at Aberdeen football club for not being able to keep their employees from breaking the rules (even though she can’t do that herself)

So I would expect her to criticise the Huns considering they couldn’t stop their players from breaking the rules too.
    And if she diz or disna .... will it seriously make or break your day?

Today's press report includes:
    "The Scottish Government later commended the Ibrox club for its “swift and decisive action”.
    A government spokesperson said: “The return to training and match protocols mandate strict adherence to all government guidance in place, including on gatherings and physical distancing.
    “Players maintain the sporting bubble by not compromising any of these things when away from the heavily regulated training or match environment and we expect clubs and their staff and players to fulfil their responsibilities and apply all of these measures rigorously.
    “We commend Rangers for taking such swift and decisive action in this instance, to protect the rest of their squad and the wider public.”"

Huns.

Wrong 'uns.

That's some clutching at straws stuff there.

Although I fully understand the annoyance caused by Aberdeen's summer lockdown*
    We are going to have to forgive her for this sometime.
    Otherwise we are going to be stuck with Boris or his ilk controlling our lives forever.
    Personally, I'm waiting for a breakup of the UK before I launch myself fully into a breakup of Scotland.
    Not that I expect to live long enough to see it, I'll accept breaking up the UK.

* I don't really, I was living a normal life in the bars of Budapest.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Although I fully understand the annoyance caused by Aberdeen's summer lockdown*
    We are going to have to forgive her for this sometime.
    Otherwise we are going to be stuck with Boris or his ilk controlling our lives forever.
    Personally, I'm waiting for a breakup of the UK before I launch myself fully into a breakup of Scotland.
    Not that I expect to live long enough to see it, I'll accept breaking up the UK.

* I don't really, I was living a normal life in the bars of Budapest.
    Can’t see that happening anytime soon after yesterday.

She pretty much said that we can only go into full lockdown if we get cash from the uk government to furlough people.

This is a question rather than trying to start an argument but if we did get independence back in 2014 or whenever it was would we have went into full lockdown earlier this year or would we have had to carry on working as normal because the Scottish government doesn’t have the cash to pay for furloughing people?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's some clutching at straws stuff there.
    I don’t really care that much aldo I just like to come on here from time to time and have a grumble about certain things to wind people up.

She pretty much said that we can only go into full lockdown if we get cash from the uk government to furlough people.

This is a question rather than trying to start an argument but if we did get independence back in 2014 or whenever it was would we have went into full lockdown earlier this year or would we have had to carry on working as normal because the Scottish government doesn’t have the cash to pay for furloughing people?
    The UK doesn't have the cash either though...it's borrowing huge amounts of money which is what Scotland would have done if it was independent.

F’uck me.

Of course, according to your way of thinking, all money generated in Scotland stays in Scotland.
    We just leach off the English.

All these years I’ve been paying tax thinking it went to HMRC
    Everyday’s a school day.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    The UK doesn't have the cash either though...it's borrowing huge amounts of money which is what Scotland would have done if it was independent.
    Thanks for letting me know that, it was a general question instead of my point of view.

So either way it will be us that ends up having to pay it back.

Page 180 of 254 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast