+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Thread

The level of negativity on this forum is staggering. I know I will be told to do one if I don’t like it, but Christ it’s getting monotonous.

By all means, have a dig at the performances against Celtic and Sevco, they are warranted, but can fans not be happy with winning games outside of that ? All of a sudden we are “happy clappers” because we enjoy watching our club win and see positives in that. Well F@ck that.

Criticism is fair where it is due and as I have said it is warranted at times, but folk are just on here to have a moan at every given chance. If it’s not the stadium, it’s Mcinnes, his tactics, his team selections, his subs, his mentality, etc etc it’s tiresome. I’m not saying bury our heads in the sand or refrain from debate, after all that’s what a forum is for, but take the foot of the gas from time to time . Those that moan constantly about the club, and I mean constantly, never seem to contribute anything positive or have anything positive to say about the club. I have seen some good posters on here turn into bitter and negative posters and it’s sad.

We are likely going through one of our best periods we are likely to go through and yet some folk still can’t enjoy any of it or see even the slightest positives. Any sign of back patting or positivity is being labled as happy clapping or some dig at us that at least McInnes isn’t McGhee eh, bla bla bla.

I like to think we all want what is best for Aberdeen, but it’s hard to believe it when some folk look like all they want do to see it burn to prove a point.

I said a few times I was delighted at the score yesterday & with a couple of other results. Just thought that dropping Rogers was a total @rsehole manoeuvre, which it was.

I also find the constant positivity slightly monotonous as well, it works both ways. For example...
    ‘Should we really be playing outside the city in the middle of nowhere?’ Is usually met with a ‘F*ck off ya moaning c*nt. Get on board or f*ck off’

That answer also works with the travel issues, what’s the thing going to look like, will they be taking on the fans thoughts, who’s paying for it, will that have an affect the squad etc. Genuine concerns for what will be the most important thing to happen in our lifetime regarding AFC is met with utterly baseless bullsh1t

There’s also something new happening on here which I’ve never seen & that’s a few posters talking absolute shyte & passing it off as fact.

I’m not really interested in developing other clubs talent for them, sh!ting it against the OF or playing outwith Aberdeen. How’s that negative?

I do overindulge with a couple of posters & I can see how that would bore the tits off everyone else, so I’ll wind it in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I said a few times I was delighted at the score yesterday & with a couple of other results. Just thought that dropping Rogers was a total @rsehole manoeuvre, which it was.

I also find the constant positivity slightly monotonous as well, it works both ways. For example...
    ‘Should we really be playing outside the city in the middle of nowhere?’ Is usually met with a ‘F*ck off ya moaning c*nt. Get on board or f*ck off’

That answer also works with the travel issues, what’s the thing going to look like, will they be taking on the fans thoughts, who’s paying for it, will that have an affect the squad etc. Genuine concerns for what will be the most important thing to happen in our lifetime regarding AFC is met with utterly baseless bullsh1t

There’s also something new happening on here which I’ve never seen & that’s a few posters talking absolute shyte & passing it off as fact.

I’m not really interested in developing other clubs talent for them, sh!ting it against the OF or playing outwith Aberdeen. How’s that negative?

I do overindulge with a couple of posters & I can see how that would bore the tits off everyone else, so I’ll wind it in a bit
    Just to point out, that wasn’t a direct dig at you, although I do think you too can be negative at times. Your worries over the stadium are fair though, as are your thoughts on Rogers yesterday. I think the constant McInnes bashing is unfair though and while he has obvious flaws, as do all managers, I think you and other posters can be overly harsh with him.

He does deserve criticism over the handling of Rogers, as I think it was harsh but I don’t think too many disagree with that. I can see why he brought another keeer in but it should have been as a back up. His record against the cheeks is also rightly questioned and I have openly criticised the club for its approach to them .

I just see so much negativity and it outweighs the positives in this forum. I won’t consider myself a so called “happy clapper” Just because I can see the positives when we get good results. I’m for the stadium for my own reasons, I think the positive results outside of the Cheeks outweighs the losses to them, although it is very frustrating, but I generally back McInnes as a whole. That doesn’t mean to say I’m happy with it all and I do still want to see improvements, but I don’t get the hatred towards the manager when he has the clubs best interests at heart.

By all means I’m not saying we can’t debate the issues but the language and negativity on both sides is uncalled for. I have been guilty of it too and for that I apologise to anyone, but this forum used to be epic and it’s turning into a bitch fest with folk hating on each other and from my perspective, hating on the club in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Just to point out, that wasn’t a direct dig at you, although I do think you too can be negative at times. Your worries over the stadium are fair though, as are your thoughts on Rogers yesterday. I think the constant McInnes bashing is unfair though and while he has obvious flaws, as do all managers, I think you and other posters can be overly harsh with him.

He does deserve criticism over the handling of Rogers, as I think it was harsh but I don’t think too many disagree with that. I can see why he brought another keeer in but it should have been as a back up. His record against the cheeks is also rightly questioned and I have openly criticised the club for its approach to them .

I just see so much negativity and it outweighs the positives in this forum. I won’t consider myself a so called “happy clapper” Just because I can see the positives when we get good results. I’m for the stadium for my own reasons, I think the positive results outside of the Cheeks outweighs the losses to them, although it is very frustrating, but I generally back McInnes as a whole. That doesn’t mean to say I’m happy with it all and I do still want to see improvements, but I don’t get the hatred towards the manager when he has the clubs best interests at heart.

By all means I’m not saying we can’t debate the issues but the language and negativity on both sides is uncalled for. I have been guilty of it too and for that I apologise to anyone, but this forum used to be epic and it’s turning into a bitch fest with folk hating on each other and from my perspective, hating on the club in general.
    Your last 2 posts are proving points that are up for debate. It’s a football forum and only that. We can say what we like about the players, manager, stadium issues etc. It’s all part of the fun.
    Getting called a happy clapper is just a bit of banter...a lot worse things in life to get called.
    I like a victory over any team as much as the next supporter but I vent my anger at our manager and team when in matches we get well beaten and I expect a better effort. Doesn’t make me a bad guy but maybe an easily annoyed supporter.
    I will moan if I expect better and I will praise when we get an unexpected victory....welcome to the world of football forum chat.

Good post mate. Yes far to much negativity and apathy by some on this site. Agree with all that beating the Tims and the Huns is a must why are we afraid of them especially the tribute act they are pure ****e.
    As for the new stadium, agree the location is far from ideal but I have said before has anyone got a real alternative suggestion ? Name that location I cannot think of any in the city.
    We are the famous Aberdeen where not the finished article but we are in afar better place than we where say 5 years ago when we where lucky to pull in 6500 and all are players where utter mince

Ill say it again..

Its not these results good or bad that are frustrating.

Its the total lack of grabbing the Spfl by the f*cking horns and trying to be the best.

When Delhia was the celtic manager we had a chance to take a gamble and spend some money on decent players so we could actually win the league and i fully believe we would have.

Awful stagnation there and poor vision by all esp. Milne.

Who are we if we are just content with getting 2nd and beating the cheeks once or twice a year.

Boring as f*ck ambitions there.

Other than this...COYR and aw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Ill say it again..

Its not these results good or bad that are frustrating.

Its the total lack of grabbing the Spfl by the f*cking horns and trying to be the best.

When Delhia was the celtic manager we had a chance to take a gamble and spend some money on decent players so we could actually win the league and i fully believe we would have.

Awful stagnation there and poor vision by all esp. Milne.

Who are we if we are just content with getting 2nd and beating the cheeks once or twice a year.

Boring as f*ck ambitions there.

Other than this...COYR and aw that.
    You're entitled to believe whatever you want but I seriously doubt that spending cash would have significantly improved our chances of winning the league. What sort of player can AFC sign for cash? The reality for a club like AFC is that we need to attract players on free transfers or pay reduced fees for players who have fallen out of favour. In today's market it would be very easy to spunk 5 million up the wall without significantly improving the standard of player at the club.

We had a chance of winning the league when Deila was manager but it was nothing more than a chance. We blew our chance in 14-15 when we were the better side in the first half at Parkhead and (our) Scott Brown shat it just before half time. In 15-16 Celtic finished 15pts ahead of us despite the fact that we beat them twice.

The reality is that to win the league you need 80pts as an absolute minimum nothing any club outside Rangers or Celtic has ever achieved. To finish the league with more than 80pts you need to spend an exponentially increasing amount i.e. diminishing returns come into play. This has consistently shown over 20+ years of Celtic and Rangers enjoying a certain level of financial dominance over the other clubs. Rangers currently have by far the 2nd highest budget (although nowhere near what the old club would have spent before it went bust) and are comparatively struggling. If we raised our budget to Rangers' current level (which we can't do) how much do you think that would improve our chances of winning the league? I would rather that we continued to try to make the most of the resources we have.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 05-02-2018 at 07:21 AM.

If Killie can KO Celts so can we. Consi in todays press. I wish the squad would just keep it shut. How about turning up and competing firstly. Put the fear to one side and play to win rather than the meek surrender of recent.

Ragnarok i hear you but im not just talking about spunking cash on players.

Im asking for a pre season look at players near and afar who show pedigree and are obvious up and coming good players at maybe lower divisions around europe EVERY year.
    I refuse to believe that cant be done to improve our team.

If we have a scout he needs to be sacked as hes doing a sh*te job!

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Ragnarok i hear you but im not just talking about spunking cash on players.

Im asking for a pre season look at players near and afar who show pedigree and are obvious up and coming good players at maybe lower divisions around europe EVERY year.
    I refuse to believe that cant be done to improve our team.

If we have a scout he needs to be sacked as hes doing a sh*te job!
    You do realise every club is trying to do exactly that? Easy to spot a player, another thing entirely in convincing them Aberdeen is the best place for them. Especially when they can get paid a lot more in other leagues.

I would also add, that we all want aberdeen competing at the top end of the table and for trophies. Hard to do when taking a punt on potential. Sometimes it will work, other times (more often than not) it won't. I would argue our improvements in league performance in the last few seasons is down to signing proven spl quality players

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast