+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Ict

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I don't see anyone wanting RN out, I certainly don't. However I think fans are perfectly entitled to question another woeful performance, and I would have called it that even if we had scraped an undeserved victory.
    As above, poor performance, room for improvement, no room for changing the manager!

Worst takeaway from Sunday for me is that we appear to have recruited bottlers as per.

We really need to get out this league so we can attract better players with the right mentality. But cant see the core of this squad keeping us up.

Although saying all that. How hard can it be when teams with budgets like Livi and Ayr can find players with the right mental strength on much less budget and club infrastructure?

Right now my feeling is that this bunch won't get us up via the playoffs.

Although I think he made a mistake in how he set the team up there is no question in my mind about Neilson. Has to get a full season minimum to turn this squad over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Anyone wanting RN out needs to support another team. Jesus still 2nd worrying signs yes but like terry, frank and shedka have said going up this year is probably a wish. Inhope we do as i think our american owners will go for it. If not thats when we judge neilson.

I hate 4231 but we may actually have the players for it. As much as i like safranko he isnt a striker full of goals.

Partick saturday is huge
    You keep saying Safranko isn't a striker etc but how many chances have been made for him to score a goal? Strikers can't just magic a goal up from a punt coming down out of the floodlights ffs!! He needs far better service than what he's been getting

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You keep saying Safranko isn't a striker etc but how many chances have been made for him to score a goal? Strikers can't just magic a goal up from a punt coming down out of the floodlights ffs!! He needs far better service than what he's been getting
    Sorry Stoke, sensible posts like that do not help build up a case to disprove how skite our strikers are!

With decent service, even Curran scored goals for us! Even Mikkelsen towards the end of last season, when fed by King of all people, scored a cracker!

The way we have set up yet again seems to be counter productive to getting past defenders. The width comes from 2 guys who have to run 80 yards before being expected to provide the killer cross because the "wingers" have cut inside to their natural position.

However, I really dont see where things can change based on Sundays performance, but i have seen enough before that game to say we can do enough to get where we want!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Sorry Stoke, sensible posts like that do not help build up a case to disprove how skite our strikers are!

With decent service, even Curran scored goals for us! Even Mikkelsen towards the end of last season, when fed by King of all people, scored a cracker!

The way we have set up yet again seems to be counter productive to getting past defenders. The width comes from 2 guys who have to run 80 yards before being expected to provide the killer cross because the "wingers" have cut inside to their natural position.

However, I really dont see where things can change based on Sundays performance, but i have seen enough before that game to say we can do enough to get where we want!
    Cheers chick. If we could just stretch defences a little bit by using patience, play a man into the bye line to stand crosses up we have players like Safranko who will attack the ball and give you headed goals. (As Aird was doing to some extent) and players like Clark who will feed off the scraps. The 4231 formation isn't the problem really although more width would improve us, it's a lack of control, ball retention and movement which at the moment is really letting us down. Somewhere on another thread a poster highlighted how few goals we're scoring especially from open play and its because we dont create chances. Strikers can miss chances right enough but they dont score if there's no chances.
    Last edited by stokearab; 06-03-2019 at 12:59 AM.

great point!!!

Cheers chick. If we could just stretch defences a little bit by using patience, play a man into the bye line to stand crosses up we have players like Safranko who will attack the ball and give you headed goals. (As Aird was doing to some extent) and players like Clark who will feed off the scraps. The 4231 formation isn't the problem really although more width would improve us, it's a lack of control, ball retention and movement which at the moment is really letting us down. Somewhere on another thread a poster highlighted how few goals we're scoring especially from open play and its because we dont create chances. Strikers can miss chances right enough but they dont score if there's no chances.
    It's a good point re Aird there too Stoke. He's another winger who couldn't beat his man but he WAS getting that ball in the box and creating chances.

Also trying to shoehorn Cammy Smith on the wing didn't work before and it's not working now, in fact I'm not really understanding why Smith was signed in the 1st place if he's not getting played in his natural position.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    the over reaction brigade out again it seems. ICT deserved to win but it took a last minute goal for them to still beat us. plus we at least won the league game which in the bigger picture was more important. yeah its worrying we had such an off day but since RN got to bring his own players in we've been better and one of the form teams in the league. the bipolar support who were raving about players on tuesday were then slaughtering them on sunday.

im seeing people wanting RN out? seriously! we'd be battling with ICT for last play off position if we didnt have him imo but instead we're in the mix and with abit of luck could still win title!

cant afford many more slip ups but this overreaction to results either way is nonsense.
    Darren I wldnt go as far as to say that we have been better and one of the in form teams. At the moment we are averaging 30mins to a first half decent performance only!

We have scored 1goal from open play in 4 games. We maybe grinding out results which is welcomed, but still have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Darren I wldnt go as far as to say that we have been better and one of the in form teams. At the moment we are averaging 30mins to a first half decent performance only!

We have scored 1goal from open play in 4 games. We maybe grinding out results which is welcomed, but still have a long way to go.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Anyone wanting RN out needs to support another team. Jesus still 2nd worrying signs yes but like terry, frank and shedka have said going up this year is probably a wish. Inhope we do as i think our american owners will go for it. If not thats when we judge neilson.

I hate 4231 but we may actually have the players for it. As much as i like safranko he isnt a striker full of goals.

Partick saturday is huge
    As is Pars away a week on Saturday.
    As are 3 home games in 11 days after that.
    It's gonna be some month, we need a Mad March.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)