+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Nae Dens Park thread?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m pretty sure Roy Aitken and Alex Miller had bigger budgets than McInnes,even Skovdhal spent a fair amount in his first season.
    Whoever was manager at the point when we brought in Paul Bernard for around £1m probably spent more in that single transfer than McInnes has in his entire time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Whoever was manager at the point when we brought in Paul Bernard for around £1m probably spent more in that single transfer than McInnes has in his entire time here.
    Aitken

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m pretty sure Roy Aitken and Alex Miller had bigger budgets than McInnes,even Skovdhal spent a fair amount in his first season.
    Yes, you would think that but according to Milne evidently not. Mind you...we have two transfer windows a season now so maybe we spend more throughout the year than previous managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    It’s not all about spending transfer fee’s though.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I've said this before but I think the change to the offside rule affected things a lot.
    Because it's harder to hold a high line now teams sit deeper which means the game is longer, so teams now set up with four lines rather than three.

A move designed to make play more attacking has been counter productive.
    Good point. In the past, the defence usually benefited from any dodgy offside decisions but nowadays they are less likely to and that is causing them to sit deeper.

It'll be interesting to see what effect VAR has on this. I think it is possible that offside will be ignored unless a goal is scored and then it will be examined.

Name:  887bb2b2-58c4-487e-a95a-06d54f4d1b68.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  28.8 KB
    points tally compared to where they stood last year
    Points make prizes?
    Fingers crossed for SC.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Since banter is not allowed can we just be nice and civil with each other and sing as one “oh Derek McInnes”
    Go for it, why not?......I canna sing, I don’t wear colours, however I’ll happy clap my team whilst the half empty minibus regales our coach.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I canna sing, I don’t wear colours, SF
    Is this some unwritten rule of football? No colours- no voice?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Who is it that can’t be forgiven for losing the semi against St Johnstone?

Rooney , McGinn or Robson for missing gilt-edged chances ?
    We were out on our feet second half of that game, in fact we were out on our feet from about March onwards in Del's first season.

That was the norm in his first three seasons.

We should've had that game sewn up first half, but second half we were gone.

It's a sore one, but that QoS semi was way, way worse.

Something died inside me that day that I've never gotten back.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    It's a sore one, but that QoS semi was way, way worse.

I fully concur. That was f@cking mind blowingly awful and Calderwood should have walked after it. But sh@tehoose Milne let him stay on which was worse than Jimmy not doing the decent thing

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast