+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    sure you have all seen this interview, regarding Morrison and the training ground, seems only intention in the summer is remidial work, it is beyond a joke to not have the correct facilities including a 3g/4g pitch to ensure training during bad weather, this is a professional football club not the local community sports centre.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...uation-4542657
    I agree with you, some honest up front communications outlining this new direction and the compromises needed to achieve it would be welcome. As for cost we don't know what is the bill of materials for an appropriate facility, we have a DoF and a CEO you would hope that they would be able to come up with an answer and how it can be achieved in phases. we do know that a 3g FA standard facility is about £1m as they
    (the FA) have published such a figure in the past. The "No quick fix" statement from the interviews winds me up, we have had this issue for years now, 2016 was when land was bought and promises made that was 8 years ago !!!! even accepting a 5 year plan might be delayed due to the pandemic that still gives them a spare year. It is all silence or excuses at the end of the day we do not have facilities that are fit for purpose, god knows how many injuries or slow recoveries have been caused by that fact, on this matter TS has let the managers, players and fans down.
    Actually the land was bought in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Actually the land was bought in 2011.
    Mellow thank you for the correction )

It's worth nothing that this land had some sort of legal protection from being used for anything other than recreation and public use, believe its a left over from the steelworks and they gifted the land - effectively limiting its value.

When Rufc bought this land that will likely have been known. I suspect there was intent to build it, the buildings got knocked down on site and then nothing since.

If I was being imaginative id say TS and Co bought the land to sit on under the guise of the club redeveloping it for a community sports complex and either that's not happening or they sussed out after "X" years of it being derelict they might be able to chuck up a load of housing / sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    It's worth nothing that this land had some sort of legal protection from being used for anything other than recreation and public use, believe its a left over from the steelworks and they gifted the land - effectively limiting its value.

When Rufc bought this land that will likely have been known. I suspect there was intent to build it, the buildings got knocked down on site and then nothing since.

If I was being imaginative id say TS and Co bought the land to sit on under the guise of the club redeveloping it for a community sports complex and either that's not happening or they sussed out after "X" years of it being derelict they might be able to chuck up a load of housing / sell.
    The buildings were knocked down because they were beyond economic repair and were becoming a magnet for vandals and local kids " exploring" There were also complaints from residents in the properties bordering the site.

Demolition therefore was a sensible decision to prevent public liability issues

That was the reasoning. Reality is the gym was fine.

Eitherway, 10 years with nothing happening.

They'll be reason for that.

Maybe it's being used as a mortgage asset.

well at least we have now had a TS position on Roundwood, a clear statement that we are staying there and the old plan for the land purchased before is gone. What i don't like about the interview there is still no plan to build an artifical 3g/4g pitch just to improve the draining and try to get access to Parkgates pitch, seems also that the players should be pleased it has showers and a gym!! There is a statement in there that says "It's got us to where we've been" so it is clear that any investment is basically to fix extreme problems rather than provide facilities that could move us forward. However at least he has communicated to us his intentions.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...is-say-4545779

Sounds fair enough. There have been a number of rainfall records broken in the last 10-15 years, and that's likely to continue. So long as the drainage systems and indoor facilities are as good as they can be, then I can see no reason to move.

The main thing is that we have a football club to support.

I’m taking the piss by the way.

well at least we have now had a TS position on Roundwood, a clear statement that we are staying there and the old plan for the land purchased before is gone. What i don't like about the interview there is still no plan to build an artifical 3g/4g pitch just to improve the draining and try to get access to Parkgates pitch, seems also that the players should be pleased it has showers and a gym!! There is a statement in there that says "It's got us to where we've been" so it is clear that any investment is basically to fix extreme problems rather than provide facilities that could move us forward. However at least he has communicated to us his intentions.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...is-say-4545779
    Clear case of local journalist reading these messageboards and then asking a question. Someone should urge them to ask about the Bawtry road site and the plans Tony Stewart has for that.

Maybe the Booth's could lay a 4G pitch on Millmoor and we could use that.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast