+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 199 of 375 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3741

Thread: General News Chat

Driverless trains will shut him up

You'd really have to see what their pay and conditions are like before judging whether they are right or wrong to strike and picket.

I didn't look too closely in to it but did see they are fighting for keeping their hours at 35 per week. Now is that because they like an early finish or is it because they like the over time they receive for working over it?

35 hours is nothing.

How many hours a week is something then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Driverless trains will shut him up
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    How many hours a week is something then?
    I'd say 40 hours is pretty basic for full time work. 35 hours would be 7-2pm every weekday. Quite an easy life but then again I don't know what their rate is.

I remember when the tanker drivers tried striking over pay not so long ago until it was revealed just exactly how much they were on with overtime and bonuses etc.

But 35 hours a week is a 40 hour week if you count an hour for a break each day.
    I'm 37 hours a week but that doesn't count lunch breaks, most folk's conditioned hours don't count lunch breaks now.
    If someone is driving a train with a mob of passengers, I'd like them to be properly fed and rested for the full length of the time they're at their job.
    Also, I'm sure their working day doesn't consist solely of driving a choo-choo from A to B.
    I'd guess there's pre and post journey prep/checks/admin that will be important to the safe conduct of train journeys.

If only the UK was part of an international co-operative* organisation with something like erm…let’s say eeeeh…a Working Time Directive, to support safety at work and try to underpin a humane work/life balance.

*My late Ma’s Co-opy number was *#!* which cannot be revealed as it’s the only four-figure sequence burnt into my brain that I can remember, and acts as my PIN.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    If only the UK was part of an international co-operative* organisation with something like erm…let’s say eeeeh…a Working Time Directive, to support safety at work and try to underpin a humane work/life balance.

*My late Ma’s Co-opy number was *#!* which cannot be revealed as it’s the only four-figure sequence burnt into my brain that I can remember, and acts as my PIN.
    Commy sh1te.
    Awa and bide in North Korea, see how you like that.
    Common sense...etc.

But 35 hours a week is a 40 hour week if you count an hour for a break each day.
    I'm 37 hours a week but that doesn't count lunch breaks, most folk's conditioned hours don't count lunch breaks now.
    If someone is driving a train with a mob of passengers, I'd like them to be properly fed and rested for the full length of the time they're at their job.
    Also, I'm sure their working day doesn't consist solely of driving a choo-choo from A to B.
    I'd guess there's pre and post journey prep/checks/admin that will be important to the safe conduct of train journeys.

Of course hours worked doesn't include lunch breaks, why would it?

You could say " I work a seven day week" if you included weekends.

When I first left school, I worked a 40 hour week.
    Monday - Friday
    08.30 -12.30....13.30 - 17.30 (with 2 x 10 minute breaks)

That lasted almost 2 years, I've worked much longer hours than that ever since.

Valid points but I guess my argument is that their conditions aren't as bad as they are sometimes made out. Plenty other folk would kill for that job. I was watching a thing about the new crossrail project and they had 20,000 applicants for their train drivers jobs.

Page 199 of 375 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast