+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you thick or stupid Darren Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    With such shocking home form, Sheffield U must have been licking their lips at once again a stupid formation 4-3-3. So OK, when we were overrun in midfield - what did Mr intelligent do? f uck all as usual!

Barry was found out against fast slick players and too slow. Harper ( I am a fan ) decided to have a poor game, and Livermore - what the feck does this man provide? He's absolute ****e and consistently ****e.

Holgate failed to hardly get a pass to one of our players all night. We fecked about playing the ball out from the defense again - do we never learn!!! Even in injury time with the free kick we lost possession for pissing around with the ball! Does Moore not get it!!!

Montero looked decent when he came on so begs the question - why did he not come on earlier and why we did not introduce either Field or Johansen or both! I would have subbed Rodriguez and added another midfielder and put Gayle in his natural position - in the CENTRE!!! Does Moore not get it?

Sorry - I have lost it with Darren Moore! He will cost us promotion so would make the change if we fail to get three points at Leeds!! These performances can not go on and two poor teams such as Vile and QPR was papering over the cracks and we nearly blew it on Tuesday - same old same old yet again!

Don't think we had one decent chance all game and to be honest Sheffield had about four! That's how poor we were set up - yet again!

Perhaps somebody should draw a picture to Moore which illustrates why our form at home is relegation in 2019. Does he not get it!!!

Not a one off! Have Norwich or Leeds played so many consistently poor games - NO!!! Why not? Well - it comes back to tactically astute managers.

Very angry!!!!
    I've been saying it all season this so called manager will not take us up absolute rubbish performance against sheff utd with the squad we have any other manager would have us top of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    I've been saying it all season this so called manager will not take us up absolute rubbish performance against sheff utd with the squad we have any other manager would have us top of the league
    Indeed you have.
    Every time we have a bad result you appear as if by magic like the shopkeeper in Mr Ben.

Just to put this in perspective. Yesterday was the first time we haven't scored at home for 14 months.

It does seem very strange to be continuing with this kind of play, especially as Moore was the inventor of hoofball and did little else when he was playing.

Best squad of players in the Championship, so poorly used its criminal, as other posters have rightly said, any other manager with an ounce of nous would have had us top if the league by a margin. Moore is a rookie who looks like a very slow learner, however Jones must take a lot of the flak, he's the one with the ipad with all the so called tactics on, with these two in charge and not learning from their mistakes (fannying out from the back does not work and causes unrest to the supporters which transfers to the players, 4-3-3 at home does not work, playing one of the best forwards in Gayle on the wing 35 yards behind where he should be is nothing more than criminal) automatic promotion looks a long way off.
    Also playing the way we do we would be whipping boys in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Best squad of players in the Championship, so poorly used its criminal, as other posters have rightly said, any other manager with an ounce of nous would have had us top if the league by a margin. Moore is a rookie who looks like a very slow learner, however Jones must take a lot of the flak, he's the one with the ipad with all the so called tactics on, with these two in charge and not learning from their mistakes (fannying out from the back does not work and causes unrest to the supporters which transfers to the players, 4-3-3 at home does not work, playing one of the best forwards in Gayle on the wing 35 yards behind where he should be is nothing more than criminal) automatic promotion looks a long way off.
    Also playing the way we do we would be whipping boys in the Premiership.
    Can’t disagree with any of that! Don’t mind losing or dropping points but it’s the manner of doing it. Had we been creative yesterday and had decent chances and lost - I can handle that but not the case!! We almost threw it away against a poor QPR with same mistakes. Barry and Livermore don’t work together as no pace and then using a 4-3-3 is plain crazy especially against slick organised sides. Can’t believe how Moore can’t see it as not a one off!!!

I agree that the formation is the problem.
    We don’t have the personnel to have 3 either in midfield or at the back when we play one of the better teams.
    BUT is this all DM.
    Did DM enforce this when he took over at the end of last season.
    If you want to point the blame on the Obsession to play out from the back, or formation look at the Coaching.
    Is it not Mr Jones who is the architect of this. In his interview he as much as said it.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I agree that the formation is the problem.
    We don’t have the personnel to have 3 either in midfield or at the back when we play one of the better teams.
    BUT is this all DM.
    Did DM enforce this when he took over at the end of last season.
    If you want to point the blame on the Obsession to play out from the back, or formation look at the Coaching.
    Is it not Mr Jones who is the architect of this. In his interview he as much as said it.
    I believe so Liqudator buddy. It always seems to be Jones giving direct one to one player instructions during ‘injury pauses’.
    Having said that...DM is of course the Head Coach

I don't think he's either. He has a lot of experience in this league as a player, he knows what it takes and I think we would be very ungraceful to imply that we should have won against a very strong and on a roll team who won the match. There will be some ups and downs in the remaining matches, and whatever happens you have to give real credit to Darren on how he's achieved so much this season. A complete turnaround of mentality and in 4th place at this stage of the season at the first time of asking. Will we go up? I hope so.....but its not guaranteed for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I don't think he's either. He has a lot of experience in this league as a player, he knows what it takes and I think we would be very ungraceful to imply that we should have won against a very strong and on a roll team who won the match. There will be some ups and downs in the remaining matches, and whatever happens you have to give real credit to Darren on how he's achieved so much this season. A complete turnaround of mentality and in 4th place at this stage of the season at the first time of asking. Will we go up? I hope so.....but its not guaranteed for anyone.

Come on Boingy - 4th place with our squad with many players having played in the Premier League? Barry Fry could have achieved this. I give you that - Moore is a thoroughly decent chap and has probably got players humming to themselves whilst at work!

From Boxing Day at Home - we have been bloody awful - fact! Not unlucky - bloody awful! Same stupid formation - same stupid passing out from the back - same stupid subs/players in wrong positions. Gayle FFS - even the Newcastle supporters are having a laugh!

Away from home the record is decent. Have we played great football though apart from Rotherham? We beat a very poor Vile team and shut up shop in the second half, and did our best to throw it away against a poor QPR team - same mistakes we see week in week out!

I guess you don't trek down the motorway week in week out seeing this garbage Boingy? Yesterday it cost another £100 and hardly one effort on target. Shocking especially as it's no one off - happening almost every home game at the moment..........

The teams above us have consistently played good football. It does not take an expert to tell anyone why.....

Very pissed off at the moment and we need to twist if our play off position will be in doubt.

Best squad in the division? I find that a strange statement when I constantly read on this forum
    Johnstone : a poor goalkeeper makes mistakes costs us goals
    Mears: joke signing far to old not good enough.
    Bartley: one of our worst ever signings
    Townsend : not good enough for this division
    Brunt: past it no legs should be nowhere near the 1st team
    Morrison: far to injury prone should never have been given a contract
    Livermore: not good enough shouldn't be in the 1st team
    HRK: a joke of a player not good enough for the 1st team
    Murphy: a poor signing don't know what he adds to the squad.
    Any more.? by my reckoning that's 9 players not good enough to play in this team yet we should be miles clear at the top of the division I would love to see the name of this experienced manager that would have us top of the league but as per usual nobody comes up with any names IMO I have said all along our squad is not as good as some people think and if we finish in the play offs it will have been a good season.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)