+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn out in numbers on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I fully understand that some, maybe many on this site may disagree with this post. However, I have supported Notts for over sixty five years now, and I profer the argument that Notts need our support on Monday, more than any other time in our recent history.

Not getting behind the team will do nothing to help achieve a result against M K Dons. Do we want them to win and us to lose? No, of course we don’t; so please if you are able turn out on Monday and get right behind the team, and show them and the Brothers how much our club means to us all.

Let us encourage the players, and create an atmosphere that will lift them and produce a result we all wish for. If the game doesn’t go our way, then provided the players have given their all, we can ask no more, but we can still cheer and applaud their efforts.

Right now, Notts County and the players need us, more than we need them. Let’s cheer and lift the rafters off on Monday, and support our team which has provided us with so much joy and happiness in the last few years.
    I won’t be there again and won’t be until he’s gone even if it means me not renewing my season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Not getting behind the team will do nothing to help achieve a result against M K Dons. Do we want them to win and us to lose?
    Strangely, that's a difficult question for me when I look at the bigger picture. We're not going up or down this season, so a defeat might just see the end of Maynard with the added bonus of denying Mansfield promotion.

I fully agree with the sentiment of your post however. I will be there on Monday supporting as I always do, and I will be renewing my season ticket when they are available even if Jamie Fullarton replaces Maynard!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Strangely, that's a difficult question for me when I look at the bigger picture. We're not going up or down this season, so a defeat might just see the end of Maynard with the added bonus of denying Mansfield promotion.

I fully agree with the sentiment of your post however. I will be there on Monday supporting as I always do, and I will be renewing my season ticket when they are available even if Jamie Fullarton replaces Maynard!
    I heard the boos at the end of today's game, which Stall said was Notts fans booing Maynard as he went over to them. If the most loyal of the fan base have now lost patience with the situation then there's definitely potential for things to turn toxic on Monday. All of the last 4 home defeats have been lost in the closing stages, with a lot of the people most likely to get the most angry walking out - which may have disguised the true levels of resentment building up. If we were to go 2 or 3 behind before the hour mark v MKD then I'd now expect chants of "May-nard out, May-nard out", "You don't know what you're doing" and "Sacked in the morning" to start ringing around the ground. Once that happens, it's always the point of no return.

I won't be going on Monday, probably won't go again this season and may not even renew my season ticket for the first time in nearly 20 years.

Even if Maynard does go, we'll still be left with the vast majority of this horrendous squad we've assembled, full of players who are either nowhere near good enough or simply couldn't care less.

This is the first time in a long time where I do not enjoy watching notts at all, and with how difficult i can see next season being, I can't see that changing anytime soon.

My thoughts exactly, I'll pay my 22.60 and get behind the team but part of me wants us to lose, the big picture.

I'll be there, hope we don't concede more than 5 😨

A shiver has just gone down my spine!.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I won't be going on Monday, probably won't go again this season and may not even renew my season ticket for the first time in nearly 20 years.

Even if Maynard does go, we'll still be left with the vast majority of this horrendous squad we've assembled, full of players who are either nowhere near good enough or simply couldn't care less.

This is the first time in a long time where I do not enjoy watching notts at all, and with how difficult i can see next season being, I can't see that changing anytime soon.
    I dont think the team is half as bad as it is being painted. It's just that Maynard is awful and has asked them to play to a system that they were not bought in to play.You dont go round playing teams off the pitch and winning games 5-0 and 3-0's with bad players.He really is that bad that he has tur ed them into looking like amateurs which takes some doing! Please get rid ASAP hes poisoned the club. I take no pleasure in writing this as I hoped his signing was an inspiration and would take us to the next level, not the level below !!!

Jamie Fullarton would do better - thats how bad this is

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I dont think the team is half as bad as it is being painted. It's just that Maynard is awful and has asked them to play to a system that they were not bought in to play.You dont go round playing teams off the pitch and winning games 5-0 and 3-0's with bad players.He really is that bad that he has tur ed them into looking like amateurs which takes some doing! Please get rid ASAP hes poisoned the club. I take no pleasure in writing this as I hoped his signing was an inspiration and would take us to the next level, not the level below !!!
    He hasn't got a fricking clue

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast