+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outgoing

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    If true, each game will be a thriller ...
    That’s “bad”

I see Ainley got 30 minutes trial at Chesterfield yesterday. Think he's better than that. Not so much Chesterfield, who are building a team for another go at the National League. It's more the idea that he's having to tout himself on trial. Wonder if he's appeared anywhere else beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I see Ainley got 30 minutes trial at Chesterfield yesterday. Think he's better than that. Not so much Chesterfield, who are building a team for another go at the National League. It's more the idea that he's having to tout himself on trial. Wonder if he's appeared anywhere else beforehand.
    It is surprising. I'm sure LB was genuine when he said he'd have no difficluty fiixing himself up, and wasn't thinking of non-league. Though his injury record will be a worry of course.

Tariq Uwakwe seems still to be in limbo too, unlike Mellor.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I saw him play quite a number of times and he was a very good footballer but possibly too fragile for the professional game. If anyone wants to know the weakness of academies, it's right there. Taking kids on at a young age. It's nonsense and should be stopped. Thing is, had he done something different in his life, he could have had success elsewhere. Now what has he got to offer? I hope someone signs him but he is young enough to train in another field so to speak. One consolation is the NL seems to pay better wages than us...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I saw him play quite a number of times and he was a very good footballer but possibly too fragile for the professional game. If anyone wants to know the weakness of academies, it's right there. Taking kids on at a young age. It's nonsense and should be stopped. Thing is, had he done something different in his life, he could have had success elsewhere. Now what has he got to offer? I hope someone signs him but he is young enough to train in another field so to speak. One consolation is the NL seems to pay better wages than us...
    It is interesting that you cite the weakness in Academies is taking kids at a young age. In almost every sport I can think of the exact opposite is said. I have been watching the cricket channel today and because of the absence of any play because of the weather they spent an hour looking at videos sent in by kids (or more likely their parents) and analysing parts of the game they were seeking advice on. Kids of aged between 6 and 14. The guys talking about it all played the sport at the top level and are all involved in clubs where kids are encouraged to get involved and benefit from the experiences of older players. Or put another way, coached. I began playing my chosen sport when I was 17 and have had one full day session of coaching and wish I had had much more at a young age. I have done ok but believe I could have been much better with coaching as school kid. Interesting to hear professionals saying the opposite of what you say!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It is interesting that you cite the weakness in Academies is taking kids at a young age. In almost every sport I can think of the exact opposite is said. I have been watching the cricket channel today and because of the absence of any play because of the weather they spent an hour looking at videos sent in by kids (or more likely their parents) and analysing parts of the game they were seeking advice on. Kids of aged between 6 and 14. The guys talking about it all played the sport at the top level and are all involved in clubs where kids are encouraged to get involved and benefit from the experiences of older players. Or put another way, coached. I began playing my chosen sport when I was 17 and have had one full day session of coaching and wish I had had much more at a young age. I have done ok but believe I could have been much better with coaching as school kid. Interesting to hear professionals saying the opposite of what you say!
    Good luck with that statement Timmy.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Good luck with that statement Timmy.
    I don't really need luck with it to be fair. You either agree or you don't. I know someone who won't agree but he, of course, will be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I don't really need luck with it to be fair. You either agree or you don't. I know someone who won't agree but he, of course, will be wrong!
    Timmy, you are OK..at least you engage, not like some of the morons on here..

You can agree or disagree but that is the choice. People can be right or they can be wrong. I played football and golf to a pretty good standard and watched 100's of games of football and so think my opinion is valid. Of course almost everyone will disagree with my views as they all have a vested interest...Do you think anyone employed in any sports academy will agree with my views, of course not. Why do parents take their kids to these places? Because they think they have the next George Best in their family or to waste time? There were absolutely greqt players of the past that prove my case over and over in all sports and can't think of that many that can equal those great names. At least Jimmy Greaves agreed with me and so does Brentford who we actually used to play against regularly along with others in the PL now. Where are we? Bottom half of the base division with 20 million gained in transfer fees and 20m almost disappeared in training kids...

I hate tennis now as there is absolutely no skills in the game only the big serve by men and women and I would argue the same about football. Where are all thd dribblers and Bobby Charlton shooters and indeed the great headers of the ball like Frank Lord.. We had Rodney Jack working in our academy and so please advise who he brought through, playing like he did?

People don't like engaging as they are dim and so I will continue with my thoughts...

Is it bright in here.......?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Timmy, you are OK..at least you engage, not like some of the morons on here..

You can agree or disagree but that is the choice. People can be right or they can be wrong. I played football and golf to a pretty good standard and watched 100's of games of football and so think my opinion is valid. Of course almost everyone will disagree with my views as they all have a vested interest...Do you think anyone employed in any sports academy will agree with my views, of course not. Why do parents take their kids to these places? Because they think they have the next George Best in their family or to waste time? There were absolutely greqt players of the past that prove my case over and over in all sports and can't think of that many that can equal those great names. At least Jimmy Greaves agreed with me and so does Brentford who we actually used to play against regularly along with others in the PL now. Where are we? Bottom half of the base division with 20 million gained in transfer fees and 20m almost disappeared in training kids...

I hate tennis now as there is absolutely no skills in the game only the big serve by men and women and I would argue the same about football. Where are all thd dribblers and Bobby Charlton shooters and indeed the great headers of the ball like Frank Lord.. We had Rodney Jack working in our academy and so please advise who he brought through, playing like he did?

People don't like engaging as they are dim and so I will continue with my thoughts...
    Morons. Once again you Luddite arrogance shines bright.
    I only read the first line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast