+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brucie Excuse Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    That’s not a road you want to go down, mate.....and it’s ‘sharpest tool in the shed’...,
    Okay. You learn every day.

Brucie will rule out all the old favourites as you've pointed out Zip.

Pathetic in it's predictibilty.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    That is propably right. I hate Ashley and I certainly dont like Bruce. After Benitez we will never have an great manager appointed by Magic Mike. You guys listed the managers we have had under Ashley. Thats the norm under him. I just want some postives from you. Thats what I get when I visit Newcastle. If not positives then at least sarcasm.
    Listen mate. You want some positives??? Holy **** If my best mate was doing my wife you think i'd praise him for doing a great job?? We are utter ****e...... deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Holy **** If my best mate was doing my wife you think i'd praise him for doing a great job??
    Only if she packed her bags.

Well, liikape did ask for Sarcasm.

...but lads, we are a work in progress. Rafa's ingrained defensive ways take a bit of time to redress.

Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Brucie will rule out all the old favourites as you've pointed out Zip.

Pathetic in it's predictibilty.
    There must be a more descriptive word in the dictionary than pathetic to describe the way Cabbage Heed has those players playing.

I am still busy getting rid of any skill, Rafa had drilled into them.

OMFG just noticed he said it again “we’ll dust ourselves down and go again...”

It’s been decades he’s been using that one.

Translated as: we’ll do f*ck all different in ‘training’ this week and produce some more anti-football for you next game.

I hate that phrase...it's as if they're giving themselves (or asking for) credit for taking a knock but getting up and getting on with it.

It's your fucking job, man, it's not a choice-you get paid to do exactly that People aren't going to say 'ah, look at Steve Bruce and his team...they've been through the mill but they're 'going' again...good on them.'

'Dust ourselves down', too, is a phrase that implies perseverance through adversity. If you lose your job, or if a relationship ends, or you've been treated unfairly but are determined not to give up or..well, you get the picture but the idea is that something's happened to you...not a situation you've created for yourself.

The whole phrase is designed to make it look like it's nothing to do with whoever utters it and elicit a sympathetic response from those listening. As far as the media are concerned-and some of our 'uber, I will support whoever is in charge of Newcastle United' fans-it's working.

The rest of us don't buy it and, actually, hearing this type of frontier gibberish just makes it all the worse.
    Last edited by Zippity; 23-12-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: dusting myself down...

Talking of his media buddies, just in case anyone doesn't realise the extent of media bias and downright hypocrisy, these two tweets from a Sun 'journo' were 15 minutes apart.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  96.1 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)