+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Cardwell

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We tried for Byers on loan last January and he turned us down for a L1 club and one that was a lot further away.
    So I can’t see that happening unless SE can work his powers of persuasion

No way I'd give a contract to a player in the engine room approaching his age. Sooner get Rinohmota back younger, we know his ability. Lindsay can't understand why we've offered him a contract was either injured or didn't make himself available towards end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No way I'd give a contract to a player in the engine room approaching his age. Sooner get Rinohmota back younger, we know his ability. Lindsay can't understand why we've offered him a contract was either injured or didn't make himself available towards end of last season.
    You do realise this is the year 2024 and players look after themselves much more than they used to and can play well into their mid to late 30s
    Take Ashley Young for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    You do realise this is the year 2024 and players look after themselves much more than they used to and can play well into their mid to late 30s
    Take Ashley Young for instance.
    That's very true but really those sort of players can at best be regarded as a short term fix. We need younger ones on 3 year contracts to build a decent squad rather than sticking plaster oldies

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's very true but really those sort of players can at best be regarded as a short term fix. We need younger ones on 3 year contracts to build a decent squad rather than sticking plaster oldies
    So they can leave on a free?

We need both. A few older pros and a few younger players with a season or two under them.

Have i seen that Peltier is going to Chezzie?

It's posted on the ex-Millers in the news thread. It's a cruel world is MM, didn't take him long to be classed as an ex!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's posted on the ex-Millers in the news thread. It's a cruel world is MM, didn't take him long to be classed as an ex!
    Championship to league 2 in one easy bus ride

My mate a southend supporter all his life goes to games etc.

He said he top conference mid league 2 at best.

Said if this is the kinda player we are after we have no chance off promotion and ts needs to spend his money

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    You wouldn’t give Byers a contract at 27 for being too old. If he was available would you give Will Vaulks one at 30? A contract that is.

By all accounts Bryers picked Blackpool over us in Jan. Now I can understand this in a way, his money stays the same where ever he plays football. Was he after an easier ride in L1 than playing in the Championship with us? Did he think that after being surplus at the Sty he wouldn't shine playing for us in the same league?

If he's a free agent now ( i don't know), it'll be interesting to see if he's up for the fight with us, or where he ends up could answer that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast