+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Quenelle gesture and the loss of rationale thought

re: The Quenelle gesture and the loss of rationale thought

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond

So I have missed the point?

Actually you've now missed my point twice.

It's all about Anelka's intention and what he and his friend believe the salute to mean. Your personal interpretation doesn't affect it in any way.

the big picture ?

Completely, your argument is so obsessed with the physical difference in the Salute that you've absolutely missed the big picture.

The Quenelle is NOT a nazi salute. A FACT that cannot be argued with.

Wrong again.

It's not a FACT (typing the word FACT in upper case does not automatically make it so btw)

You can clearly see from the pictures on the other thread and M'bala's own comments about Jews and gas chambers that many are using it as an anti-simitic salute.

[b]Now pay attention because here is the part your struggling with and using as a techn

[quote="Whiskyman"?

But, as usual, the busy bodies are up in arms, particularly the "Jewish Chronicle" which apparently plastered a picture of a West Brom shirt right across it's front page, accompanied, no doubt, by an inflammatory editorial stirring the pot and thereby making an incident which 99.99 per cent of the population had absolutely no knowledge of when it was made a major news story. And of course made the "Quenelle" known to all and sundry.

Mountains and molehills come to mind. Frankly I couldn't give a monkeys if Anelka is a Nazi or not. If he is and wants to debate his beliefs with me I'm quite happy to take him on and rip his argument to shreds but I'm boogered if I can be arsed to get wound up over some silly hand movement.[/quote]

Total fu(king agreement. I might get a T-shirt printed

He isn't a bloody Nazi.

Jesus christ fellas. Are you grown men or 14 year old school kids?

Let's be specific.

There are many people in Britain (both white and non-white unhappy with the fact that their communities are changing very quickly in a manner that makes them uncomfortable. Behind this are economic, social and cultural justifications.

Certain political organisations and individuals use this discontent to drum up obviously racist attitudes by pointing at whichever group of foul foreigners is the 'unflavour of the month'.

So. Some people - discontent at the way things are changing - become racist in their attitudes. There are others who are just pissed off that things are difficult and changing very quickly - ONE of the reasons for this is the way in which immagrant communities form quickly in - usually - inner city regions.

Along comes a bad - and in this case typically left wing - journalist and basically says 'Nick Griffin and his supporters are using racist rhetor

[quote="only1salty"?

But, as usual, the busy bodies are up in arms, particularly the "Jewish Chronicle" which apparently plastered a picture of a West Brom shirt right across it's front page, accompanied, no doubt, by an inflammatory editorial stirring the pot and thereby making an incident which 99.99 per cent of the population had absolutely no knowledge of when it was made a major news story. And of course made the "Quenelle" known to all and sundry.

Mountains and molehills come to mind. Frankly I couldn't give a monkeys if Anelka is a Nazi or not. If he is and wants to debate his beliefs with me I'm quite happy to take him on and rip his argument to shreds but I'm boogered if I can be arsed to get wound up over some silly hand movement.[/quote]

Total f

Yeah. I'll buy a pint or twelve for anyone that actually has the gall and/or patience to read that.

If you can find me in the Centenary.

Here is a piece on Dieudonne...someone asked if there was any evidence. Look at the part where he was convicted 8 times for Anti Semitism or read the part where he told a Jewish Journalist that he wishes he had been sent to the Gas Chamber.

What part of that is not Anti Semitic.

Its disgusting and anyone supporting him can **** right off...I am completely in agreement with Bonzo.

There are a lot of things that are far more important than football and this crosses the line

DieudonnA? M'bala M'bala
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    DieudonnA? M'bala M'bala
    Dieudo.jpg
    DieudonnA? in 2009
    Born 11 February 1966 (age 47)
    Fontenay-aux-Roses, Hauts-de-Seine, France
    Occupation Humorist, comedian, actor.
    Website
    www.dieudosphere.com

DieudonnA? M'bala M'bala (born 11 February 1966), generally known by his stage DieudonnA? (French: [djA.dE?.ne]), is a controversial French comedian, actor, and political activist. His father is from Cameroon and his mother is French.

DieudonnA? initial

Sorry about all the A?s...the keyboard mapping is still ****ed then

You sir are an

Acist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailly___7

Is he a genuine anti-Semite and holocaust denier or does he just make jokes about Jews and the touchy subjects that go with it?

He's been convicted (not charged, convicted)of anti-Semitism 8 times mate and has described Holocaust remembrance as "memorial ****ography". . . .. . so I would say yes.

Lovely long well written post by irons till i die much of which is true but irrelevant to this case which is all about the message Anelka was sending. Since he has confirmed it was about support for his friend Mbala who is about to face another charge it's quite clear what the message was.

Either that or he had no idea what his friend stands for politically and was not aware of the controversy surrounding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Irons_Till_I_Die
    You sir are an

Acist.

I hate myself for finding this funny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)