+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: w/e of Sept 12 it is then

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Football authorities have said 12 Sept, Govt says spectators in early October.

They're obviously not talking to each other or taking a sensible approach
    Yeh but it's Oct 2022....

Bristol City away and our first away point in a 1-1 draw and to get a long distance fixture out of the way early.

If it’s at home then Millwall for obvious reasons. A 2-0 home win.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    if there is a possibility of fans allowed in October, then why cant we start the season in October with cup games in September if needed for fixture congestion. Most of the EFL teams rely on income from fans attending the games.

This was the suggestion from Shrewsbury
    https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...october-start/

Noted at the end of the article
    "Meanwhile, 95 per cent of 2019/20 Town season ticket holders have donated monies from the five cancelled home fixtures to the club.

The remaining five per cent have been refunded, and work on the ‘wall of fame’ – made of blue and amber striped panels outside the south east corner of the stadium which will bear the name of those who donated – is being planned."

I wonder how many millers donated to the United Rotherham?
    I didn’t donate to United Rotherham because I had no idea what they would have done with the money.

I like to know exactly what I’m sending money to.

Blackburn away

So effectively around 5 weeks later as oppose to the regular normal start date,but only extending it by a week at other end.i knew it would be condensed a little this time .but with added cup comps normally two rounds of league cup and possibly about 6 maybe 7 rounds of league games would have been played by then and then the normal international breaks etc if they happen..can only see more midweek games for championship sides.puts up against it with a smaller squad.probably why the 29th august start was mooted but the 12the sept it is.
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 25-07-2020 at 10:10 AM.

I hope first game isn’t Brentford, fans probably won’t be able til attend straight away, could be next year before away fans can attend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12