+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St j win case against us

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    I am no fan of Nelms either, but how can the SPFL ruling that Dundee are to be liable for Rangers hotel costs etc and Sj Johnstone costs be Nelms fault.

This is purely the SPFL pandering to Rangers , I hope the club do take this further. This is a disgraceful decision by the SPFL
    No it's nelms and lack of care for Dens Park and him being almost universally disliked by rest of Scottish football.

I've been banging on about the state of Dens for years ......now it's cost us around a 7 figure sum in fines and lost revenue

8 years since DFC first statement saying there was an issue with subterranean drainage.

Buck stops with him.

I am no fan of Nelms either, but how can the SPFL ruling that Dundee are to be liable for Rangers hotel costs etc and Sj Johnstone costs be Nelms fault.

This is purely the SPFL pandering to Rangers , I hope the club do take this further. This is a disgraceful decision by the SPFL
    I am no fan of Nelms whatsoever and he carries responsibility for his negligence, but there is a huge element as you say, of the SPFL pandering to that shower.

It is worrying that some of our fans seem to think that the blame for these fines lies with John Nelms.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No it's nelms and lack of care for Dens Park and him being almost universally disliked by rest of Scottish football.

I've been banging on about the state of Dens for years ......now it's cost us around a 7 figure sum in fines and lost revenue

8 years since DFC first statement saying there was an issue with subterranean drainage.

Buck stops with him.
    I get what you are saying re stadium etc but if it was any other club but Rangers then this whole debacle would not be playing out.

A precedent has been set now. Just say next season Rangers away to Ross County or Aberdeen for example and the game is off due to an unplayable pitch,then i would expect the home club to be liable for Rangers hotel costs etc etc.

Huge can of worms been opened here.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It is worrying that some of our fans seem to think that the blame for these fines lies with John Nelms.
    Don't worry about it

He dosent give a ****.

He's in charge, he's deliberately spent as little as possible on maintenance.........nothing else to see here

I get what you are saying re stadium etc but if it was any other club but Rangers then this whole debacle would not be playing out.

A precedent has been set now. Just say next season Rangers away to Ross County or Aberdeen for example and the game is off due to an unplayable pitch,then i would expect the home club to be liable for Rangers hotel costs etc etc.

Huge can of worms been opened here.
    The 30k is almost irrelevant.

By his own admission the postponements have cost us 6 figure sums, then we have fine from spl for not having an adequate pitch, that's been building for a season or two and another suspended fine hanging over us like the sword of what's his name.

We have had games off because of no running water, snow on steps and various other crap.

As a mate of mine said it suited DFC that this myth about dens Rd drains was the reason, it deflected from what was happening for years at Dens.

The 30k fine is pathetic, the rest is Nelms fault......no it's buts mibbes.

Nobody is going to have to pay rangers costs in the future.

If nelms had any balls, any at all he now wouldn't go to Ibrox just the team and he wud ban every rangers director from dens.

I would also up the ticket money for their fans until we have our money back.....our fans don't buy old firm tics so makes no difference to us.

John Nelms as managing director of Dundee Football Club decides the budget for all sections of Dundee Football Club and how much he is going to allocate for the maintenance of the Dens Park pitch.
    I seem to remember Nelms saying about two years ago that he was not going to spend money on Dens Park as we would be playing at the new stadium at the Camperdown retail park by the start of August 2025.
    There was also talk about us ground sharing at McDiarmid Park last season.
    Nelms later told the DSA committee in February 2023 that Dundee Football Club would remain playing at Dens Park until the new stadium was built and ready for use.

Depends on how you feel about Nelms really.He is part of the group who has invested more money than any other in my time supporting Dundee FC(since 1973).
    The chances of recouping that money imo are slim.
    Yup he had made loads of mistakes and I'm no particularly a fan but he deserves credit for paying the bills, providing decent budgets for numerous managers etc etc.
    Some will not give that credit but jump on every mistake.Before anyone says its tim Keyes money,If nelms walks it end of FPS for Dundee FC.
    I'm just glad the majority of Dundee fans I know see both the good and the bad in FPS group.
    Remember
    Dixon
    Cook
    Melville
    All chancers and crooks.
    The dabs have an owner desperate to leave at least ours have stuck around and took hit after hit.
    For what it's worth Nelms shud fight these fines and show he has the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Depends on how you feel about Nelms really.He is part of the group who has invested more money than any other in my time supporting Dundee FC(since 1973).
    The chances of recouping that money imo are slim.
    Yup he had made loads of mistakes and I'm no particularly a fan but he deserves credit for paying the bills, providing decent budgets for numerous managers etc etc.
    Some will not give that credit but jump on every mistake.Before anyone says its tim Keyes money,If nelms walks it end of FPS for Dundee FC.
    I'm just glad the majority of Dundee fans I know see both the good and the bad in FPS group.
    Remember
    Dixon
    Cook
    Melville
    All chancers and crooks.
    The dabs have an owner desperate to leave at least ours have stuck around and took hit after hit.
    For what it's worth Nelms shud fight these fines and show he has the balls.
    Just curious, how much has nelms invested and how much salary has he been paid for his numerous **** ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Just curious, how much has nelms invested and how much salary has he been paid for his numerous **** ups.
    Nae idea about his personal investment but it's his mate who pays his and all the other salaries to keep the club afloat.
    I actually agree he has made a ton of **** ups and his non communication we fans is a jokeUntil Keyes walks or replaces him(which he won't) he will be at dens.
    Maybe we need new owners but where are they??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)