+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v MK Dons Match Thoughts

With a little bit of a tweak we should win this? Aitchson is getting nowhere against Lewington, he may as well not be on the pitch!
    I'd put Norwood on in his place to add some physicality.

On 7 minutes we should have been 4-0 up.
    Before they scored it could have been 7-0.
    How the hell have we gone in at half time at 1-1 !?!?!

Is it a case that we are so smug and arrogant that we think we can dominate other teams without actually converting the multiple chances into goals ?
    Beyond frustrating !!!

The season so far rolled in to 45 minutes , good , average and poor .

Get Norwood on ffs .

Ok - we won.
    But as far as I’m concerned our players are still strolling.
    It’s very much like watching a practice match.
    Arrogance with bouts of lackadaisical.
    MK Dons could and should have been dead and buried within 10 minutes from the start of the match.

You could see that MK didn’t like the physical side when Norwood came on! We were good today Phillips, Connell, Kitching, Andersen and Kane were outstanding today, best overall performance for a while!
    Dare I say that we look like a team who is now gelling with Duffs style? A couple of decent additions in January could see us being successful this season if we can hold on to the players we have!

I don't know to be honest how it will go for the rest of the season , I could make a good case for the top 6 but at the same time I've some niggling doubts we will stay the course .

Some woeful teams in this league that I do know which makes me think we aren't quite as good as one or two may think we are .

We did what we needed to do against a very poor side.

I can understand skill/technique levels being different but if I was a MKD fan I would be ashamed and furious at the MKD players lack of effort.

I said earlier in the thread that I had a feeling for a comfortable afternoon & that is what it was , we put a lot of quality balls into the box today & had 20 shots, I disagree with someones earlier comment about arrogance , to me there was no arrogance about todays performance , we worked hard especially off the ball & got our deserts , another day we would have scored 5 or 6 & that is not arrogance it was domination plus we should have had a penalty when they tripped Jalo who went past the full back twice in a minute & both times they had to bring him down , the firstt was a clear spot kick & the second one just outside but it was good to see the lad have a cameo appearance , well done Mr Duff you are bringing him along nicely .

Nothing to moan about a well deserved victory against a very poor side.
    All the seven top teams we have to play at home and that will decide just how good we are at division three level.
    Five games to go to reach the seasons halfway point.
    Duffs got all these lads giving their all and thank goodness I’m not a Dons supporter.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 19-11-2022 at 07:56 PM.

I thought Herbie Kane was class today and has been for a few weeks now , he took his first goal for the club very well today .

A bit of a slow burn but finally we are seeing something for the money we paid for him .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast