+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor Johansson

Man city sold Trafford to Burnley for £15M, don't think he played for them in the Prem. He was loaned out to Accrington and then Bolton twice, then sold............

Viktors starting gambit should be £8M, unless he got a "get out clause" in his last contract, is that maybe how we got him to sign another contract?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The original thread title was just the word 'Ok' and I changed it.
    Oh, I just wondered what was going off.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Man city sold Trafford to Burnley for £15M, don't think he played for them in the Prem. He was loaned out to Accrington and then Bolton twice, then sold............

Viktors starting gambit should be £8M, unless he got a "get out clause" in his last contract, is that maybe how we got him to sign another contract?
    Yes he has a 'get out clause' and rightly so for offering to sign a new contract with us. Thing is Douglas was involved so expect chicken feed figures to be included in it.

Viktor is definitely one of the best keepers we've had, but I'm not sure if he's the very best. That's a tough decision. We've had some great keepers over the the years but all with different qualities. He's up there though and a thoroughly likeable bloke too.

If Viktor doesn’t move in January then he’s got a crap agent

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If Viktor doesn’t move in January then he’s got a crap agent
    He doesn’t need a decent agent. He’s got Rob Stanton flogging him to Sheffield United every week.

Losing Victor is very likely but that's how it goes.The problem for me is we don't seem to replacing these 'key' players. Ogbene,Barlaser,Smith,Wood (at his best),Wiles,Crooks etc. I use the word 'key' not just on ability terms but also to describe players who had/have a real association with the fans. Rathbone is the only possible exception along with Kelly on a 'cult status' basis. It's a real worry!
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 29-12-2023 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    He doesn’t need a decent agent. He’s got Rob Stanton flogging him to Sheffield United every week.
    ........and Foderingham's hapless displays helping Stanton's cause nearly every week!

I think Viktor has a lot to think about, Will he go to be the first choice keeper or second choice keeper. There are a lot of second choice keepers in the Prem who are very good keepers.If he goes to be first choice then I would expect the fee to be higher.Oh & well done crash a post about Football not your usual O/T posts.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 29-12-2023 at 08:38 AM.

Spurs could be looking for a goalkeeper. Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is in talks to join Major League Soccer side Los Angeles FC on a free transfer, ending 11 years in north London.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast