+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What a load of pretentious tosh.

That silly little cow doing her pathetic Shania Twain routine for the reporter sums it up for me.

A older middle aged woman describing it as “my favourite place on earth”……get a life FFS!
    Went a few times in the 80’s and early 90’s, brilliant time and some great bands, it does look now tho that it has been taken over by the chattering classes, wasn’t like that back in the day. Think I only had a ticket once!

Saw the Beatles at the ‘Gaumont’ in Worcester in 1963. Is it still there. Saw many of the sixties bands live - Hollies, Animals, Manfred Mann,
    Bee Gees, Tremeloes, Swinging Blue Jeans etc. Most of them when I went to college in Leicester. Really showing my age now. Great era though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Saw the Beatles at the ‘Gaumont’ in Worcester in 1963. Is it still there. Saw many of the sixties bands live - Hollies, Animals, Manfred Mann,
    Bee Gees, Tremeloes, Swinging Blue Jeans etc. Most of them when I went to college in Leicester. Really showing my age now. Great era though.
    Closed in 1974 Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Closed in 1974 Leicester.
    Not really surprised Boingy. Most of those type of venues have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s the “ok yah” brigade that get on my t I t s.

Especially the older middle aged lot who want to “get down” with the youth and boast to their friend they “did Glastonbury” and it’s was “Greeeeeat, really cooooool”.

I wish one of these reporters would ask them if they enjoy sh it ting in a bucket for 5 days to stand half a mile from Coldplay boring them to death on stage?

It’s the sheer pretentiousness of the whole gig.

When it was a few hundred kids and hippies in 1970 then that’s great, that’s the ethos of these types of festivals for me.
    Might have been brilliant back in the day but this sums it up for me. Middle to upper middle class w@nchor heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Might have been brilliant back in the day but this sums it up for me. Middle to upper middle class w@nchor heaven.
    A much more economical use of words 68!

🤣🤣

I just wouldn’t like to be stuck in that huge crowd, unless you’re near the front, you may as well watch it on TV, that’s if you like the acts. If I were a Coldplay fan, which I am not, it would have been very trying to endure the rubbish that preceded them. I saw some of the Coldplay set on TV but whilst it was quite spectacular, I don’t much care for their music, especially the dreadful ‘Viva La Vida’. Each to their own, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)