+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Cheltenham Town v Barnsley

Not enough urgency or indeed quality from us. Improvement needed the second aif

Collins clearly wants to play with a ten and put his own stamp on the team .

He's sacrificed Watters today to play MaCatee which is fine if the game last week followed along what he's chosen today but it didn't .

The ten worked last week at 1-0 up , Wigan tired as a consequence of playing with ten men and spaces to run in to as Wigan pushed forward in search of an equaliser .

Different game today than last week .

Tinker man in the house , if it ain't broken leave the feck alone Mr Collins .

Breakthrough at last!
    Distinctly average by us though, will they score their first goal of the season?
    Go on lads n kill this off - don’t want another Bristol rovers

A game of two halves it was then.
    A very good result against the worst attack in the EFL.
    Well done Cole again everyone’s favourite does it again.
    Good to see young Marsh late on and looking lively.
    Collins would and should have learned a lot again from this game.

Bleeding hell !!!
    You would think we were playing Arsenal.
    Cheltenham unlucky to come away without anything today - they had their chances.
    Only good goalkeeping saved Barnsley.

Pedestrian pace by Barnsley.
    Slow tippy tappy build up which is just not Barnsley’s style.
    No press - so what’s happened there 🤷🏻*♂️
    Totally out of shape.
    Final ball appalling - and Phillips responsible for quite a few of those.

If we were playing a better team we would have got slaughtered.
    It shows that Collins has his work cut out in the next few weeks to bring this team up to speed.

A much better second half albeit against very mediocre opposition who got worse the more substitutions they made .

Two very well taken goals from Cole and Watters was enough to get the job done .

Still more questions than answers for me and I'm not one to get sucked in on simply results .

Roberts can't be expected to pull world class saves off every week whilst it's 0-0 and that remains my main concern , let's not forget Cheltenham have yet to score a single goal this season and we shouldn't really be offering them those kind of opportunities .

We will probably get away with it against half this league but not so much against our potential competitors at the top end .

I'm far from convinced with Collins I have to say , definitely more than a hint of a tinker man in my opinion .

We'll see as the season progresses .

Played 6, Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 2.
    3 points more than the first 6 games last season.
    Just saying like.

Have to begrudgingly agree with YN today he summed it up perfectly for me there
    We’ll take the 3 points todaybut we’re a mile off play off tackle
    Still work in progress though

Collins

Corey O’Keeffe was left out due to a minor injury while Callum Styles was not included in the squad after staying with the Reds following the closure of the transfer window.

“As you can imagine there have been lots going on in the last two days. But when Callum comes back from international duty he will be fully committed to Barnsley. If he continues his training performances, I am sure he will find himself featuring in the team. It was my decision.”

On the sale of captain Liam Kitching to Coventry City, Collins said: “We lost a very very good player but we lost him for an awful lot of money which will stand the club in good stead longer-term. It might make my job more difficult shorter-term, but I can understand why it’s hard to turn down that amount of money for a League One centre-back.
    “You always have to think about Liam Kitching – it is life changing for him financially. You can respect that.”

Results count though, and I dread to think what people would be saying if we'd lost to them today, and the 1st half suggested we might do!!. 😵
    It sounds like it was better from us in the 2nd half though and a deserved win after all. But I was still worried while it was only 1 goal in it, like at Bristol.
    There's things for Collins to work on of course, and that's good in a way because that's his job. And there's some positives as well which hopefully will see us improving, even if it is slowly but surely!.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast