+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonali back to Ac Milan

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Watch this space.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYqiUElUqs

Think Phoney mentioned this a while back as possible. Would give Tonali an Italian mate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Think Phoney mentioned this a while back as possible. Would give Tonali an Italian mate too.
    If it came off it would be a great move for both players as well as the club.

Think this is a load of *******s.

No way do we do this deal.

ALthough I can see us going for the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I like Tomori but no swap.Would take a cpuple of Tomoris at least. I want to see Tonali play a full season. He owes us. These Milans are pure sharks if this is true but I prefer credit a club with their history to possess more class.
    Exactly-he absolutely does owe us. We've done the right thing by him every step of the way so now he needs to step up.

I don't doubt that he will, too.

But, having said that, I also don't doubt that, given the opportunity, he'd go back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Exactly-he absolutely does owe us. We've done the right thing by him every step of the way so now he needs to step up.

I don't doubt that he will, too.

But, having said that, I also don't doubt that, given the opportunity, he'd go back there.
    I’m still baffled as to why he came to us if I’m honest. Milan, HIS club, champions league semi finalists, league winners, WHY? Apart from the obvious, that they all knew about his “ problem” and got rid before the **** hit the fan. Let’s see how he does next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    I’m still baffled as to why he came to us if I’m honest. Milan, HIS club, champions league semi finalists, league winners, WHY? Apart from the obvious, that they all knew about his “ problem” and got rid before the **** hit the fan. Let’s see how he does next season.
    I don't doubt for a moment that they knew.

It just doesn't make any sense what so ever.

The club aren't about to give up on him, I don't see the player, who despite his issue with gambling, in the 'd**khead' category of personality.

Plus he's stated publicly how much he appreciates the clubs support from top to bottom, he's happy with Life on Tyneside and has a massive debt to repay the club, staff and fans for sticking with him through his issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    "Ever since Newcastle United were taken over by a Saudi-backed consortium in 2021, they have perpetually been linked with a move for Italy and Juventus winger Federico Chiesa.

The 26-year-old played a huge role in Italy's EURO 2020 success, with his pace and ability with both feet posing huge problems for opposition defences on their way to the title. He has also proven himself at club level, too, and has twice been part of a Juventus side who have won the Coppa Italia.

He has routinely attracted Premier League interest, including from Newcastle, in the subsequent years and given the Magpies are in the market for a new right-winger this summer, a move for Chiesa could well be reignited.

The hype surrounding Chiesa has died down somewhat after he suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury in 2022 and he has taken a while to rediscover his best form.

But he scored 10 goals last season and, by his own admission, he feels he is close to being back to the level which saw him named in the EURO 2020 Team of the Tournament." (newspaper quotes)

I really hope there is something in this. It would be a great steal.

Chiesa or Miggy...

I'm undecided, tbf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)