+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I think we're in trouble.

Not based on what I saw yesterday because we were unlucky to lose but because of how thin our squad is and how poor our back-up options are. We have Wanquillo as back-up for BOTH full back ppositions and Yedlin is a poor first choice anyway. If Shelvey gets injured there is NO creativity left in midfield, just workers. I hope Fernandez is ok because Clarke isn't strong enough for the Prem. I don't know what the crack is with Murphy (another Rafa doesn't fancy? ) but Atsu is garbage, let's be honest.

Up front????

FFs....Rondon might turn out to be a decent 'target man' but he's not a goalscorer, no idea about Muto but his goal record is similar to Rondon's recently isn't it? Perez reminded us that he's shite (but gets through a lot of work, blah, blah) and Joselu is just shocking (despite his goal-even a stopped clock is right once every 12 hours).

Because of Rafa, if we could keep everyone fit, we'd be ok but looking up the table thinking what might have been.

But, because of Ashley, one or two injuries, I think we'll end the season looking at a lot more teams and wondering what will be.

Sorry to be a little raincloud of doom.
    I agree with this and also with Rafa who doesn't think that the squad really improved that much (well obviously, fatty didn't get him what he wanted).

Agree about our fighting spirit.

But only one game into the season and Le Jeune and Yedlin seem out for a long time.

Bad luck happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    I think the bottom feeders in the prem are weak this season.
    I think we are feeding bottoms (or feeding from bottoms - however you want to visualise it) this season.

I'll take a guaranteed 17th too right now, if I'm being honest with myself.

Surprisingly I think Burnley will drop a few places this season,they rely on fighting spirit a lot but have signed nobody to bolster their squad even though they have Europe to contend with.

Dressing rooms become stale very easily when there is lack of competition for places.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I think we're in trouble.

Not based on what I saw yesterday because we were unlucky to lose but because of how thin our squad is and how poor our back-up options are. We have Wanquillo as back-up for BOTH full back ppositions and Yedlin is a poor first choice anyway. If Shelvey gets injured there is NO creativity left in midfield, just workers. I hope Fernandez is ok because Clarke isn't strong enough for the Prem. I don't know what the crack is with Murphy (another Rafa doesn't fancy? ) but Atsu is garbage, let's be honest.

Up front????

FFs....Rondon might turn out to be a decent 'target man' but he's not a goalscorer, no idea about Muto but his goal record is similar to Rondon's recently isn't it? Perez reminded us that he's shite (but gets through a lot of work, blah, blah) and Joselu is just shocking (despite his goal-even a stopped clock is right once every 12 hours).

Because of Rafa, if we could keep everyone fit, we'd be ok but looking up the table thinking what might have been.

But, because of Ashley, one or two injuries, I think we'll end the season looking at a lot more teams and wondering what will be.

Sorry to be a little raincloud of doom.

You will stay up Zippity. Rafa is your prize asset and a good manager. I thought you were unlucky yesterday. You are right, Rondon is not a goal scorer as the chance he had - someone with more quality would have buried it and got the shot in quicker. That said, Rondon is an honest lad so needs to be given a chance, and think he will do alright.

So far, we are impressed with Gayle, and even though it's a division below, his speed of thought seems quicker than Rondon and he looks sharper.

Huddersfield will struggle this year along with Cardiff and Southampton don't seem much better. Brighton and Wolves will be down there too and you will be better than both of these.

I hope we can join you again next season but the championship is difficult to predict. Whilst, I love Darren Moore, I question whether he will be out of his depth as for a defender, our defense looks a mess!

All the best to you guys!

Cheers, Al

Gayle will do well for you once he's up to speed. He's a good Chimpo striker as long as you create plenty of chances as he often needs a few. He's much more instinctive as opposed to being a great finisher. If he has time to think then he can fluff his lines but he has a knack of being in the right place and as a poacher he'll do you a great job.

Aye, this is a crucial season for Moore now the hard work has begun. it was almost a no-lose situation last season but now he starts off on an even footing with everybody else and he'll need more than being a nice guy and not being Pardew to get him by.

hope he does it for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)