+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: if ashly sells what would you most want

feck of you tool

its short for your name
    just like steve is short for steophen

just looking for an argument you are you fooljog on and ruin another board if you dont want to enter into the toipc debate

You call someone a tool and it’s ok??
    You started the name calling
    I was having a debate
    Read the thread I say Ashley has priced us out of a deal unless it’s a rich Arab.
    The minute someone doesn’t agree with you you start throwing names about.

go away fool and ruin another thread

so a few people can answer a b etc
    you have to start by calling ash a fat turd etc
    and turning the thread into an anti ash one

go away and play with yourself

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Ask yourself why he hasn’t been to SJP this season....
    Hatred for him and songs wanting him out of the club...maybe?

he doesn’t care...as long as he gets his free advertising and doesn’t have to dip into his billions to support us.
    Why should he have to dip into any of his personal cash?
    Why should he really have to pay for his own advertising of one business onto another?
    The stadium is big enough to cater for any and all advertisements from any business wishing to pay, outside of Ashley and Newcastle United.
    The club runs fine, in house.
    It may not be an ideal situation for us dreamers but that's what it is and we need to just get on with what we generally do best, which is support the players who pull on that black and white shirt, with gusto.

Gone are the days he downed pints on the terrace in full view of the media.
    Absolutely, because he was slated for it for one by many, excluding Newcastle fans who loved it...but then became hated and was slated for it by Newcastle fans as well as the media...etc.

he Hasn’t been here he doesn’t care
    I think his love for the club or owning one has definitely diminished. Certain fans have ensured that, plus the media and even government officials in some cases.
    However, I'd say his business mind is still to ensure this football club lives on to fight a long battle higher up rather than lower down the leagues.
    I believe him staying away helps the club in terms of not creating a target for certain fans to vent their voice directly at and potentially upset the applecart of player confidence.

Maybe, eh?

Or maybe I’m wrong maybe he’s as someone in here says......A Plastic
    Not sure what that means in terms of Ashley.
    If you mean, is he a Newcastle United fan/supporter. I'd say yes and no.
    I think all players bought and sold will have something to do with plastic though...but that goes for all clubs, as I can't imagine anyone being trusted with transit vans and barrows being allowed to deal transfers. (joke by the way)
    Last edited by ghostrider; 09-06-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Um...D. A stupidly rich owner who hoys money at the team until we win things.
    In an ideal dream it sounds like one made in heaven. A Man City owner......................BUT Zippity.....does that kill off Newcastle United as we knew it?
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    In an ideal dream it sounds like one made in heaven. A Man City owner......................BUT Zippity.....does that kill off Newcastle United as we knew it?
    I believe so.
    Maybe it will, but is that so bad? It's a new era of football. I'm pretty sure Man City supporters aren't complaining about their recent title and the football they have been playing. It's gotten out of hand certainly, but at the end of the day we have to accept that money is a big part of football and a means of success.

I would be qiute happy for Ashley to remain in charge IF he stopped taking the plss out of the fans with the constant lies/interpretations. Develop the infrastructure and give the manager a decent kitty to keep the squad improving and able to compete and spend how he pleases.

Feck sake if he said to Rafa, i will upgrade the facilities and youth system, give you 80m a season + player sales for the next 5 years to spend how you like as long as we finish top 10 each time and keep the wage budget under X amount, im sure we would all be extatic with that.
    Rafa could replace 3-4 players a season with better players,we would be a very good side in a season or 2

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    I would be qiute happy for Ashley to remain in charge IF he stopped taking the plss out of the fans with the constant lies/interpretations. Develop the infrastructure and give the manager a decent kitty to keep the squad improving and able to compete and spend how he pleases.

Feck sake if he said to Rafa, i will upgrade the facilities and youth system, give you 80m a season + player sales for the next 5 years to spend how you like as long as we finish top 10 each time and keep the wage budget under X amount, im sure we would all be extatic with that.
    Rafa could replace 3-4 players a season with better players,we would be a very good side in a season or 2
    This would be ideal for me

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Maybe it will, but is that so bad? It's a new era of football.
    For me, yep it's bad...but that doesn't mean it won't be short term enjoyable until the winning ideals become the norm and we simply want a little bit more for our palate.

I'm pretty sure Man City supporters aren't complaining about their recent title and the football they have been playing.
    In a way some do.
    Their stadium can't be filled on many occasions.That should tell you a lot.
    Many genuine fans are being priced out in aid of the plastics who are riding on the crest of a wave. and who also have short attention spans with success.

It's gotten out of hand certainly, but at the end of the day we have to accept that money is a big part of football and a means of success.
    Course it is but it's always been a big part.
    The issue is in how it's literally spiralled into monstrosity proportion with sugar daddy clubs basically being allowed to not only flout so called fair play rules, but also unsettle all other clubs best players before managing to steal a good amount to place in their reserves and thus ensuring they have the upper hand in all manners.

Not to mention that the sick money eventually leads to sickening price rises that basically kill off the working class genuine fan in favour of the anywhere for a big apple brigade.

Basically we end up feeling entitled.
    It depends on what we crave I suppose.
    Move with the times?
    Maybe I'm too old fashioned in my ways, even at my young 50 ish age.
    You see, I'd rather we won stuff with a group of players that will run through broken glass in their bare feet, for a decent wage that many top surgeons would work another 4 hours on top of the 20 a day they generally seem to do, out of dedication and a feeling of doing something good.

I just don't care much for those people who are so skilled but not quite so dedicated to the cause and will happily refuse to help if the price isn't right.

This is what we're moving faster towards and I hope it stops soon....yet most likely will not unless by some miracle we end up getting in a body of people that are actually set on balancing the scales.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 09-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)