+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Giles joins Millers

At face value (because I cannot recall seeing him play, even though I must have given he's played against us) this is a good signing. It is a logical, 'square peg for a square hole', signing, that's been needed.

Well done to PW and the recruitment team at RUFC and good luck Ryan during your time as a Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    At face value (because I cannot recall seeing him play, even though I must have given he's played against us) this is a good signing. It is a logical, 'square peg for a square hole', signing, that's been needed.

Well done to PW and the recruitment team at RUFC and good luck Ryan during your time as a Miller.
    Think he might have been a sub

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He looks about 13 so it will be a long night for him at Boro.

But he's given all the cliches about phone conversations with the manager, can't wait to get started, great bunch of lads etc etc etc so he seems like a seasoned pro

Welcome (very) young man
    He might look 13 in the face but on a photo of him in his kit shows very powerful thighs and legs in general and Coventry fans say they had lost their only player with any pace ? He also stands six foot so not a wimp ?

Looks a great bit of business. Natural lefty, seems suited to the wing back role, played the first half of the season in the same division, isn't coming in crocked, all pluses. Look forward to seeing him tomorrow 🤞

Good signing by Paul Warne and his staff. Looking forward to seeing him play even if it does have to be on TV and not live at a game.

All the best Ryan and happy birthday. UTM!

The key thing about this signing is that he's already got cship experience with Cov and he's comfortable at this level.
    We wanted a cship standard LB and PW has delivered

He can look like a cross between Peter Pan and Quasimodo providing he can get regular and accurate crosses into the box

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He can look like a cross between Peter Pan and Quasimodo providing he can get regular and accurate crosses into the box
    Isn't that Peter Beardsley?

Yes but after elocution lessons

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think his ability to defend will be more important

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast