+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kibbutz (a request) Photos

Norder : Cheers, its a very long story. We are talking of my journey from Rishton with a lad ,if he is still there called Mick Connell. How we hitched -hiked it from Rishton to Syria. Then a boat to Cypress and then Israel. How we looked for work in Eilat, on the Red Sea. Met with problems ,false news, false hopes .We were told by lads from Liverpool they could get us work in Eilat as electricians. But it turned out Eilat was not for us, we heard we could get work in a Kibbutz, there were many young people from all over the world working on them. Its a great experience. Ok lets go. Its a long story, and surely not for this message board ?

Jerusalem by night
    I thought I would show some photos I took long ago

The walls around Jerusalem,the old city is part of East Jerusalem,over which so many battles have been fought. Holes from bullets can be seen above the Gate. The Battle for Jerusalem occurred from December 1947 to 18 July 1948.

Zion Gate, on the south side of the wall, leads in the direction of Mount Zion. Also know as King David’s Gate which leads to the Jewish Quarter. The bullet holes on the façade of the gate show the footprint of the battles that took place during the 1948 War of Independence.

The time maybe 12-3 am,but perhaps always tales to listen too from the wise

Jerusalem by night
    I thought I would show some photos I took long ago

The Cardo (in Hebrew: HaCardo) was the main street in Ancient Roman cities, running from north to south and lined with a row of columns on each side. The Cardo of Jerusalem begins at the Damascus Gate in the north and crosses the city southwards until the area of the Zion Gate.

Walking through the streets of the Old city

Sometimes it can be a little dangerous so some places have a little protection. In the street stalls by the merchants

The Old city of Jerusalem.

A photo taken from the rooftops of ' The Dome of the Rock' on the Temple Mount.

The Prophet Muhammad, founder of Islam, is traditionally believed to have ascended into heaven from the site. In Jewish tradition it is here that Abraham, the progenitor and first patriarch of the Hebrew people, is said to have prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. Both the Dome and Al-Aqṣā Mosque are located on the Temple Mount, the site of Solomon’s Temple and its successors, an area known to Muslims as al-Ḥaram al-Sharīf. The Dome’s structure and ornamentation are rooted in the Byzantine architectural tradition, yet its construction in the 7th century represents an early stage in the emergence of a distinct Islamic visual style.
    ''The Dome of the Rock is a building of extraordinary beauty, solidity, elegance, and singularity of shape… Both outside and inside, the decoration is so magnificent and the workmanship so surpassing as to defy description. The greater part is covered with gold so that the eyes of one who gazes on its beauties are dazzled by its brilliance, now glowing like a mass of light, now flashing like lightning.''
    —Ibn Battuta (14th century travel writer)

upload a pic to have an html

The Wailing Wall (as it is known in the West) or Western Wall, known in Islam as the Buraq Wall is an ancient limestone wall in the Old City of Jerusalem. The term Western Wall and its variations are mostly used in a narrow sense for the section traditionally used by Jews for prayer; it has also been called the "Wailing Wall", referring to the practice of Jews weeping at the site over the destruction of the Temples.

The Wailing Wall (as it is known in the West) or Western Wall, known in Islam as the Buraq Wall is an ancient limestone wall in the Old City of Jerusalem. The term Western Wall and its variations are mostly used in a narrow sense for the section traditionally used by Jews for prayer; it has also been called the "Wailing Wall", referring to the practice of Jews weeping at the site over the destruction of the Temples.
    Most Jews, religious and secular, consider the wall to be important to the Jewish people since it was originally built to hold the Second Temple. They consider the capture of the wall by Israel in 1967 as a historic event since it restored Jewish access to the site after a 19-year gap.'

Jews praying, notice the paper pushed into the wall, notes to God, possibly saying''Oh Lord, I am looking for a wife, or I need a good job ?

The Judean desert.

Its been a long time that I went into the desert, not much vegetation.
    Average temperatures in Negev Desert vary greatly. Considering humidity, temperatures feel nice most of the year, excluding some hot weeks in the summer, with a very low chance of precipitation throughout the year. The area is somewhat temperate — in the 58th percentile for pleasant weather — compared to tourist destinations worldwide. Weeks with ideal weather are listed above. If you’re looking for the very warmest time to visit Negev Desert, the hottest months are August, July, and then September. See average monthly temperatures below. The warmest time of year is generally early August where highs are regularly around 96.7°F (35.9°C) with temperatures rarely dropping below 73.7°F (23.2°C) at night.

]

....and into the canyon we go ....

The Judean desert.
    An amazing place to visit,the loneliness, the silence, all the shapes, colours etc

climbing can be hard for some.

Naughty ,naughty

just keep going !

and then near the Dead Sea.

find nearest bp petrol station

Thanks for this Balan,fascinating stuff.

If this ALK takeover doesn't work out there will be a wailing wall built in Burnley to take a photo of.BT will be on his knees.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)