+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halesowen friendly today

...and no triallists!

Would love to hear some observations from anybody who was dedicated enough to venture to the Midlands yesterday and can spare a few minutes of their time. I would describe a as an encouraging result.

Rightly or wrongly, like it or not, Facebook is the current main means of communication and the club have an official page on it. It was updated regularly yesterday.

Looking at our teams yesterday, we have 2 decent players for every position, without including the very young academy graduates. Unless BSD leaves, I can't see us bringing anymore in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Rightly or wrongly, like it or not, Facebook is the current main means of communication and the club have an official page on it. It was updated regularly yesterday.
    All these media sites are a disgrace as they are in it for one thing only and that is how much money they can make out of you. I refuse to join any of them except this brilliant one...)

I think in the early days I registered as Frank Sinatra and for some reason they turned me down! Somebody needs to get a grip of the massive intrusion of cookies that are ruining the internet..Not just that, almost every single site is asking for a password and personal information. I have one answer to them! Get stuffed!!

CAFC have an official site and ALL the information for fans needs to be on there but possibly as said, they too are not interested in the fans anymore and they exist as a so called 'commercial enterprise' and why they stick to the money machine ie RH...millions going in, nothing coming out! Nobody decent is going to sign here now as the wages are too low...unless you are a non player of course..Who is the new Asst Manager? KL? or Frank Sinatra?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 09-07-2023 at 10:55 AM.

That was going along quite nicely until.......!

And back to the topic of this thread.
    I've only just realised - no Thomas yesterday. Injury? Illness? Just a little wary of the impact of long term injuries last season (the first of which occurred with a malicious late challenge on Chis Long in the game at Nantwich)

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    And back to the topic of this thread.
    I've only just realised - no Thomas yesterday. Injury? Illness? Just a little wary of the impact of long term injuries last season (the first of which occurred with a malicious late challenge on Chis Long in the game at Nantwich)
    Your prejudice is breathtaking but maybe nobody should be surprised. Please THINK about what you post is my advice as others on this thread commented about the lack of information on the official site and saying they don't care about the fans OR has your dim eyes not seen anything on this thread. You once commentated that few others get a chance to speak on here and yet you are the most frequent visitor on this this site. Maybe you like to be the only one speaking on here?? Just check the numbers...

You're right Gazan...I forgot about Thomas. That's 23 first team members, excluding Trig. At our level that should be enough to start with at least.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Looking at our teams yesterday, we have 2 decent players for every position, without including the very young academy graduates. Unless BSD leaves, I can't see us bringing anymore in soon.
    Without having played one competitive game I fail to see how you believe that statement. Last season we were a completely boring team controlled by a huge number of coaches who were preaching a type of tactical football which was completely outdated. Todays game is all about constant high pressure, and our midfield was so weak. I can only hope that our management and coaches have come to their senses. Judging our team should be based on our first 10 competitive games.

I am told that BSD is on very low wages therefore unloading him has no bearing on us for example signing a essential CB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast