+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca to Swansea?

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Typical message from jonny, His he really a County fan.
    jonnyt1 has over the years (many years) built a spoof prediction thread where everything he says turns out wrong. So hopefully he has posted the link and it won't happen

Bagsy it's my turn to post this bullsh*t story next week

Reels everyone in every time just ignore it.

It would be a lot more likely I think had LW spotted and signed him, rather than radar, in which case LW would have had the moral justification to approach him and Langstaff may have felt he owed him at least a chat about it. Football can be a cut throat business as we know, but it would have to cross LW's mind that he'd be backstabbing Notts (a club that's revived his managerial career) to make an approach, though it could be the case that Langstaff has kept in touch on a friendly basis and expressed a desire to work with him again.
    If ML is ambitious enough to want to play in tier 2 then Swansea is the obvious place to go and the opportunity may not present itself for very long, with the manager merry go round being what it now is.

A quick look seems to show that Macca joined us on 1st June and LW on 14th so not sure how he could have influenced the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If ML is ambitious enough to want to play in tier 2 then Swansea is the obvious place to go and the opportunity may not present itself for very long, with the manager merry go round being what it now is.
    And he merry go round could leave ML hanging high and dry. I think he and his Dad know where the grass is greener.

Money talks in football, end of

As good as Macca is for us I think Swansea fans would be a little underwelmed if they signed a player for £1m from a L2 club who just over a year ago was playing the non league. They wouldn't be signing him to be a starter so he'd warm the bench a fair bit.

Apparently Sunderland are thinking about it which would worry me more. I know he was at Newcastle when younger but is he a Newcastle fan, Sunderland or someone else. I don't think he'll go to Swansea even if they did offer.

This Macca to Swansea story will no doubt keep doing the rounds until the end of August or whenever the transfer window closes.

It’s obvious with the LW connection as well and it wouldn't be the summer without such paper talk.

As the article says there maybe clubs interested but any club can be interested it’s whether any offers come in that meet the clubs valuation that is the first thing. Then it’s the players personal circumstances.

Macca can’t be begrudged if he wanted to test himself at a higher level just like LW. Football is a short career after all. But it’s risk as well for both player and the buying club moving up two levels and be a first team regular. Selfishly I’d like to see Macca stay with us for the remaining two years of his contract and if not at least for this season. If he finishes top goalscorer again and we don’t get promoted then with one year left it would probably be harder to keep him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast