+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I'm not a religious man, but there is a God. Multiple in fact, the footballing Gods.

I'm not angry or disappointed by anyone. Players or staff. Is it true that none of the subs had any meaningful impact on the game in the slightest? Yep. Do I wish Fosu had an ounce of urgency in his game? Yep. Do I wish we had gone with 2 up top when we bought Kelly on? Yeah, I do actually.

Why aren't I angry or disappointed? Because I'm resigned to it. Weeks ago when asked who would go and I begrudgingly put us, I knew then. Deep down I knew then. I still know now. This league is not for us. Not because it cheats or is unfair, not because we aren't capable enough, it just isn't meant to be. I don't know why, it just isn't.

Could pull apart so much but why bother? If we go into the last game and Wigan need an 8 goal swing, we will get food poisoning the night before, lose half the squad and lose 4-0. That's how it feels.

We will be well rolled over by 'Boro, they won't be resting players.

Crushing.
    MillerTime I also said we would go down when we did the post, for me it is because we do not win enough games at home and apart from the odd result we don't look capable of winning a game. Away from home we have 2 wins and when have we looked like winning away from home, the most likely was Burnley of all places. MT was backed in the window, yes we have had a lot of injuries add to that we have coneded a goal in the last 10 minutes in the last 3 games, no ability to close a game out. What hurts is they give you hope and then rip it out of you, it makes you ill and I have no desire to see us promoted if we go down because what is the point, midtable league 1 and a decent cup run for the next few years, better for my blood pressure and liver.

Biggest game of the season and we serve up a performance like that. 2nd half was truly abysmal. Fosu can **** right off.

Message to Taylor....YOU blew it! Tactless, gutless, spineless.

Cardiff Manager played TWO up front and with their fast number 25 at times looked like three up front....that's how to win games!

Thing is I'm not even angry because when he subbed how he did, you just knew he'd messed it up. Fosu, I'm sick of this one trick pony, how on earth he came on when it was crying out for Ferguson to attack down the left, completely showed Taylor doesn't really know his team or knows how to sub to good effect.
    Last edited by Brin; 27-04-2023 at 10:27 PM.

For such a big game tactics and execution was absolute toss enough said.

Agreed Brin, set up was all wrong. No goal threat at all. Is Odoffin injured? Would pick him over invisible man Lindsay any day.

First time I have seriously doubted MT. Just need to crawl over the line and then see what he can do with his own players.

Got to blame MT for that starting line up, don’t care what excuse is it was just stupid

Cardiff weren’t even that good but we was just rubbish

Wasn’t a pen either, outside the box if owt but no surprise the ref just couldn’t wait to give it, justice done though but a shame the lads weren’t good enough tonight

Coventry motm

I have left the ground before feeling, dejected, elated, disappointed etc but tonight I am f@cking furious!

We are in a relegation dogfight and you bring on two of the daintiest players I have ever seen: Fosu and Quina, who gave us no bite in the middle of the park and no height at corners.

I get why he took Rathbone off, he was running on empty but surely you replace him with Ferguson, who can press and chase and cross a ball.

I didn't expect Wiles to be match fit but I did expect him to show desire. The kid is sulking. It was an abysmal attempt at a performance.

I think tonight Taylor' s ego and arrogance cost us. He wanted to win with his players, his choices, not the best players available. He has to go if we go down.

Well disapointed no effort, poor display, no fight.Referee was a prik.my wife said I don't like that player in blue he cheat haha your learning my dear.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Agreed Brin, set up was all wrong. No goal threat at all. Is Odoffin injured? Would pick him over invisible man Lindsay any day.

First time I have seriously doubted MT. Just need to crawl over the line and then see what he can do with his own players.
    Where are these magical players going to come from? He's had time to impose his style, but does anyone know what it is? One man up and long ball. We top the 'league' for the % of balls played long.

2nd half we didn't make a chance. Same as everyone else only manager knows why he brought Fosu on. What's happened to Odoffin? Rathbone not back to his pre-injury standard. Peltier or Wood not both in side at same time. Peltier I'd prefer not to be in the side at all. Need results to go for us Saturday.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast