+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Friday night is music night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Paul Weller after his Jam days with his Style Council bandmates. Have we really had a long hot summer?

Top song

Heh gru, let's go back further...back to 64 and this little number. Always been a catchy tune even with it's simplistic chords. Note the female drummer! Very rare indeed back in the day. Honey Lantree was her name.

Last edited by Brin; 26-07-2024 at 07:10 PM.

Brin sent it if you look.

Your's didn't load pal. That's why I loaded it for you.

Over 60? You can't help but recall this one!

Took these words from someone's post.....'When this came out we had no internet no Mobile no sat nav no sky tv but boy did we have music who would give it all up to go back be honest?' I would!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    A pleasant Christopher Cross rarck, probably is best one.

Does anyone know what type of guitar he's playing? You don't many of those.

Brin, it's a double necked, solid body guitar made by Fender. I think it's a Stratocaster/Esquire combo model but hard to tell. The upper neck has 12 strings; the lower one 6. It allows the player to offer two different sounds in one song without changing guitars. 12 string guitars give you that full jangly sound. (The strings are arranged in six sets of two with the three sets of bass strings an octave apart to produce that sound.) The 6 string neck then allows the more typical rock music sound.

This type of guitar is not used that much (and C. Cross just seems to use the 12 string neck in this song, though he may use both necks in others that he played that evening...)

This double neck guitar was famously used by Don Felder when he played lead on "Hotel California" for The Eagles. The 12 string for the intro and verses and the 6 string (in a duet with Joe Walsh) for the amazing instrumental break.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 26-07-2024 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    Going on the pick up/controls layout it looks like a Fender double neck. Bear in mind that these 'turns' have such influence for the manufacturers to knock up special versions for them.
    Apologies, EO. I didn't see your reply when I wrote mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Apologies, EO. I didn't see your reply when I wrote mine.
    No worries - and thanks for the extra info. Hadn't realised the Eagles link. Wonderful choon.

Class

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Brin sent it if you look.

Your's didn't load pal. That's why I loaded it for you.

On my phone did. I'll look for a couple more.

You'll struggle to find a better example of dad-dancing than this gem...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast