+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 📅Match Postponed Thread: Stockport County (H) 20.01.24

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Cheers QP, I will do do my best. I think Cameron comes across as a better captain in interviews, rather than during a match.
    I briefly saw a bit of the first half of the Florist match last night.]
    Ryan Yates, who was their captain, physically took hold of one of his own players and marched him to where he wanted him for a defensive corner.
    Then came back to his own position and proceded to push 2 other team mates out to arms length either side of him because they were crowding too closely. That seemed to me to be the sort of job a captain should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I briefly saw a bit of the first half of the Florist match last night.]
    Ryan Yates, who was their captain, physically took hold of one of his own players and marched him to where he wanted him for a defensive corner.
    Then came back to his own position and proceded to push 2 other team mates out to arms length either side of him because they were crowding too closely. That seemed to me to be the sort of job a captain should be doing.
    Something you'd never see Cameron doing and he's said as much in an interview. Saying he's only concerned about himself!! Personally I'd like to see someone far more vocal as a captain. I can't see Cameron being with us next season to be honest.

I. VERY worried about the game. Shipping goals, no new players, no manager and zero coming out from the club.

... usual spineless, weak kneed comment from Mapp...

We have a terrific league record against them at home

Pld:19 W:13 D:3 L:3 F:37 A:16 GD:+21 pts:42
    Average PPG: 2.21

But this season they've won away at Crewe, MKD, Wimbledon, Harrogate, Accy and Swindon scoring at least 2 in every one of those wins.
    Stags are the only side in the top 7 they've lost to.
    3rd best defence in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We have a terrific league record against them at home

Pld:19 W:13 D:3 L:3 F:37 A:16 GD:+21 pts:42
    Average PPG: 2.21

But this season they've won away at Crewe, MKD, Wimbledon, Harrogate, Accy and Swindon scoring at least 2 in every one of those wins.
    Stags are the only side in the top 7 they've lost to.
    3rd best defence in the league.
    One of the losses was in 1997 when we scored 3 goals but lost 2-1, the other I can remember as "the Guy Branston 45 minutes".

Hoping for a Notts win here for obvious reasons. Stockport are crippled with injuries and have only 12 fit outfield senior players apparently so a good time to play them.
    Should mean Akil Wright will play, ex Wrexham 'midfielder' turned defender, who is utter dog **** and its incredible to us how on gods earth he's got a league club. He literally could not control a football when he played for us.
    Put him under any sort of pressure and he will fall to pieces quicker than a tory party promise.

Whoever his agent is, well he must be a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Hoping for a Notts win here for obvious reasons. Stockport are crippled with injuries and have only 12 fit outfield senior players apparently so a good time to play them.
    Should mean Akil Wright will play, ex Wrexham 'midfielder' turned defender, who is utter dog **** and its incredible to us how on gods earth he's got a league club. He literally could not control a football when he played for us.
    Put him under any sort of pressure and he will fall to pieces quicker than a tory party promise.

Whoever his agent is, well he must be a genius.
    He will probably score the 1st goal now you’ve said that

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Not wanting to overplay such an important match, but wanting to let folks know were I stand with my current illness, who would not want to get off down 'The Lane'.
    Amazingly enough, it is my not so football interested wife, who has unknowingly tried all the possibilities of me attending Saturday's game, while she being at home, and me being at hospital.
    In the end we have decided that, even me at my current best, the efforts of me, even dressing to get to the game on Saturday, plus watching the game from a mutch lower seating, position, in the forecast weather, would most likely be too much for me too take and have admitted defeat, it is not a never say never, but it is likely, I have attended my last Notts County FC home game.
    COYP, pleased do not feel any need to reply to this text
    🖤🤍🖤🤍
    Your health is your wealth sir...you have nothing to apologise for, you have spent your hard earned money for many a year to follow the mighty pies through the good and the bad, I hope your health improves and you get to go down the lane again one day soon

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    He will probably score the 1st goal now you’ve said that
    He did in our last game!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast