+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under soil heating

We've only got one blow hand-drier in the gents in the Pavis,so I'm sure they aren't going to splash out on under ground heating...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Installation alone costs upwards of £500k. Add in the maintenance costs and the cost of actually running the system. How often does the temperature go below -4? Not very often at all so is there any point. At that point also, you could install it, have below -4 temps and the game is called off anyway as the surrounding area is too dangerous so it's a waste of money then anyway
    Won't be needed in a couple of years or so anyway as global warming sets in!

Flood protection will become the priority. How far above the water table is the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Won't be needed in a couple of years or so anyway as global warming sets in!

Flood protection will become the priority. How far above the water table is the pitch?
    Well doesn't the pitch sit above an under ground river? Basically it drains straight into it so as long as that doesn't become overground, we should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    We've only got one blow hand-drier in the gents in the Pavis,so I'm sure they aren't going to splash out on under ground heating...
    😂😂😂 funniest comment for a while

Undersoil heating may make the pitch playable. You then have to think about the stadium. Games have been postponed due to them not being safe. It's about insurance & claims as well

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    And that blows like it's got asthma!

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    More hot air!

Can't see the cost being justifiable at this level. 2 games off in 4 or 5 seasons can't have cost that much.

i think the Pavis needs to be re-built on castor wheels so it can be moved during the day allowing the sun to get on the pitch. Obviously wheeling it back at night.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast